Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cheeze It's and Rest

Somehow in my mind Cheeze It's have become synonymous with a rest day snack. There are a few vices I just can't give up, those darn square little snack crackers and a fountain diet Pepsi. I know it's bad for me, but I am currently enjoying both while I type. 

Usually I eat healthy looking food like my salad for tomorrow: cranberries, sunflower seeds, raw almonds, scallions, couscous, edamame, spinach, carrots, cucumber and other yummy veggies. 






Sometimes you need to rest. I ran 4.5 miles Saturday, 4 miles Sunday (and weight lifted), 7 miles Monday, and 4 quick miles Tuesday night and a 3 mile walk. My Tuesday run was fun. I ran with my running buddy. It has been so long since I ran with someone I am having a hard time remembering when that last companion run was. 



Running buddy

Tuesday I had a crazy day for many reasons. I ran in the house changed and went to meet Kasey for our run. I forgot I had not drank anything for several hours. We planned to cover four miles and started with just a half hour of daylight left so we had no choice but to knock them out quick. Darkness is good motivation to pick up your pace. Thirty nine minutes later mission accomplished. The last mile I was getting thirsty. Alone, I can almost guarantee I would have ended running a 5K and stopping, but with a friend and the agreement of four I kept pushing. A running buddy is good if you have had a particularly crazy day.  

Snacking is also good motivation to run, but I am trying to limit that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you ❤