Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Flop

I had a new experience today, the ill-fated, unfortunate thump of me hitting the ground.  I landed hard on the dirt tonight. I have been running and walking on the same trails for several years and tonight was the first time a root got me.

It was easy to miss seeing the root with all the leaves


Falling stinks. My pants got all tore up and my knee even more. The palm of my hand is swollen too. When I got off the ground I was moving slow for a minute, but I didn't want to stiffen up so I did start jogging again, slowly. I had almost two miles back to car and not much daylight.

On the way back to my car I went through a whole crazy cycle of emotions.
Annoyed and Sad- because it hurt my knee and my pride.
Frustration- I wasn't going to even come close to my planned two hours.
Irritability- over my torn pants.
Worry- I really popped something (I am pretty old).
Determination- I decided to start jogging some and hopefully loosen my leg up.
More Sadness- because I figure if I share my pain someone will say, "I told you those trails are dangerous".
Defeated- I am going to be chicken to fly around the trails next time.

The first seven miles 9:58, 9:39, 10:29, 10:16, 11:01, 9:59, 10:00 (it's hilly)
That's a good trail pace for me and I planned to do the next hour very easy pace.  You know the rest of the story.

My shower felt great after the initial stinging. I am about as addicted to hot showers after runs as I am running. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow my leg won't hurt. I wasn't sure about showing my gross picture.  I took it so I could show my son when I got home. It's going to be a nice bruise but it actually looks a lot better already.


I always say I love trails because they are so much easier on my knees lol yea...not tonight.





I should have stuck to the big grass field I ran earlier this week. Running grass was tougher than I expected! It's a massive field. I went around the perimeter twice which was just about a mile.

Mega Field


Friday was a flop for sure. I wanted to go for a calming run and wear off my worry. My son's car died this week. I needed to replace it cheap and quick. Short story we found a car (to replace the Honda that had 350,000 miles on it) with low miles even though it's a 95 and it was in my desired cheap range. The man who sold it to us purchased it from an estate sale of someone that passed away. I saw the paperwork but didn't realize DMV would want all of it and the death certificate before they would allow us to transfer the title. 
So it's been three days of worry...worry about getting the money back or the right paperwork.

I try to keep my blog focused on the up and downs of my running, but sometimes life events can overtake you for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you ❤