Saturday, October 26, 2013

Injury Free Saturday

I got a surprise in the mail today. The half marathon I ran September 7, 2013 mailed the award for third place in the female 45-49 division.  It was so nice of the race organizers to send them out to those who didn't hang around for the awards ceremony. I only to had compete against five, so I really just lucked out.

I slept in today and it felt really good. I am embarrassed to say I didn't let my feet hit the floor until 11:25 a.m. I cleaned all day and got my run in about dinnertime. I pushed myself after the first mile to see how close to an hour I could run a 10K. I did it! 

Finnnnnnaaaalllllly, I got it done in under an hour.

I honestly didn't believe I had it in me to maintain the pace required for 6.2 miles in sub 60 min. I pushed pretty hard and would drop back and recover for short times. I guess all the interval work has paid off. The entire time my legs were feeling a bit heavy and I kept playing with my stride trying to get comfortable, but it really never felt easy. My legs feel used up tired now. I love that feeling, fatigued but not sore.

My splits 9:56, 9:23, 9:24, 9:33, 9:46, 9:29, and .22 @ 8:25 pace. 

Saturday turned out to be much better than Friday.

The division medal 



Crossing the line in Farmville 
I can't believe it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you ❤