Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crazy VA Winters

Yesterday it was 60 degrees and I was barely in need of a coat, overnight the wind kicked up and it was 22 this morning. Of course yesterday was my rest day (also theater day - Catching Fire - loved it!) and today I needed to run. So I bundled up and off I went. Cold is one thing, but wind blowing gusts at 17 mph was a little rough. About two and a half miles in I was warm enough to take off the gloves and wrap the jacket around my waist. 


Today was a bit of an improvement from my past few runs. I am still not falling into a great rhythm like I want to, but at least I could keep pushing myself forward. 
9:41, 9:05 (trying to get warm), 9:23, 9:17, 9:54, 9:35, 9:59, 9:39, 9:41       
9 miles in 1:26:16 




I checked myself at my 10K distance and was thrilled with my time. I really want to record a time like this for the Monument Ave 10K this year. 

I love girly pink & black color combo 



I restarted a few seconds later with the intention of easy pace, but my lap times stayed about the same. I guess it was too cold to slow it down.

I wore my new Brooks Ghosts today and my feet felt better. I can't believe my last pair is that worn out though, I am still shy of 300 miles. You have to great shoes to run, but the thought of replacing them every three to fourth months...ugh, maybe I will try new inserts first. 

3 comments:

  1. Brrrrr I can't even imagine going out to run when it's 22! I think I would really enjoy running in the 40s though, I bet that's pretty nice!

    Replacing shoes every 300 miles is such a killer. I know I need another new pair right now and I just bought new Brooks Adrenalines the first week of Sept. Running is not a cheap hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina you are my hero running in humid conditions. I seriously thought I might just keel over a few times this summer I got so heat sick. Yaaa, for new Brooks :) I am a fan, but you are right - not a cheap hobby lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather has been all over the place too! It was only in the 30s this morning (and pouring) which is a bit early for it to be that cold in the south! Props to you for getting out there and getting it done!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤