Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sunset and Heavenly Smells

Darkness is good motivation for picking up the pace. No choice but to go out and go hard. It seems something always comes up at work and getting out late means very limited daylight. I was determined though to not run on the treadmill again so I changed and ran out the door. It was pretty chilly which I guess I missed trying to rush into the house. I just wore a long sleeve shirt. Brrrr, I kept pumping my arms faster and faster trying to get warm but I probably could have used a jacket because I never really warmed up until almost three miles in.

6.2 miles in 59:12 

This was the first run in a loooong time I didn't have a mile in the 10:00 minute range. These don't happen to me often! The trick to a PR I guess is going out late and under dressed.

9:32, 9:43, 9:17, 9:27, 9:27, 9:36, and .23 in 2:08 

I enjoyed an early lunch today about 10:30 a.m. because of a meeting. By the time I ran my tummy was about on E. The smell of dinners cooking while running through the neighborhood was very distracting. 
You know what other smell I catch often when I am out and about I love. Laundry, when someone is running the dryer. Is that weird?lol 
Nope, it's not the moon it's my Garmin.


An idea struck me tonight. Garmin needs to make a night running feature. The light on my watch is so nice and bright but it only stays on for a second. Wouldn't it be great if it stayed on and I didn't have to carry the clip on lights. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the smell of the dryer too! Good job on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great running! I run faster in cold weather too.. It would be great if Garmin wristbands lit up! You should sell them your idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤