Sunday, December 8, 2013

Icy Sunday

Today it's been hovering around freezing all day so that meant a trip to the gym for the second day in a row. I really needed a decent calorie burn, but staying on the treadmill is not my strength. I brushed off my doubt, found a few new songs, put them on repeat, and ran a treadmill 10K. I actually stayed on the treadmill 63 minutes. I even did some weight training and leg lifts when it was over. 

I needed the calorie burn because I have not been staying in my limits as faithfully as I should. It seems the last month personal discipline has been a challenge for me. However, it feels like I am turning (slowly) in the right direction. My weekly mileage last week was 17 miles, this week I hit 20. My goal is to stay as close to 20 miles a week for December as possible. 

Saturday the treadmill defeated me and I hopped off after a 5K.  I did get some upper body work accomplished, but I know I didn't push as hard as I could have. The gym will never be my favorite place, but the weight workouts are needed. I still would like to lose a few pounds, but my love of wine seems to be winning out for now. 

Friday I ran outside before the rain and sleet started 7.03 miles in 1:08:44 
9:41, 9:27, 9:58, 9:24, 10:11 9:52, 9:55 
I don't now what it is but that fifth mile is usually where I dip a bit.
I love an outside run and all the stats my Garmin collects.  


The run breakdown 


My Garmin Forerunner 110 is a prized possession. I haven't entered the smart phone era yet so it has been a great tracking device that doesn't come with a monthly payment attached to it. 
The Garmin Connect feature gives me a monthly view 

The icy weather should be gone by Wednesday and hopefully I will report my running resumed with a long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you ❤