Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunshine Rarely Makes Me Roll My Eyes

A few more pictures from Tacky Light Run
Tacky Light Run ropes 
Very sparkly but hard to spread out


Sunshine rarely makes me roll my eyes this morning however, it was just slightly irritating that today was 51 degrees and as bright as it gets after my Tacky Light Run turned Tacky Drench Run last night. 
From bundled up to running skirt in less than 24 hours










I was fairly sore this morning because I didn't stretch last night at all. When I was done running it was a mad dash to the car, then to the shower, then to dinner because it was after 8 p.m. However, I couldn't resist the urge to get out with my run buddy this afternoon since I hardly ever see her. A few miles in my legs were achy and I told her she may have to go on. I didn't want to hold her back, our goal was five miles. 
Look at run buddy go! I was lagging a bit



I tried to keep it going though because seriously, I need to toughen up! I also need to let my pace stop bugging me, I am still getting the job done right.  It's funny, no matter if it's a 10:00 minute mile or a 9:00 minute mile my calorie burns are about same. I need to relieve myself of the nonsense I need to go out and run under 10:00 miles every time. 

10:17, 10:33, 9:56 10:30 9:07  which averaged to a 10:03 pace
I finished strong because I dug into my bag of tricks and relied on a little fear to make it happen. Our usual routes through the neighborhoods are moderate traffic, but we turned and ran down a much busier road that connects the neighborhoods together and that always makes me run faster. I discovered that this summer. I only turn that direction now when I feel like I may not be able to complete my goal distance. I guess I get nervous and just go faster. 
I think a rest day may be penciled in for tomorrow. 



1 comment:

I love hearing from you ❤