Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Winter Weather Just in Time for Christmas Day

Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas! Froze my tush off today. These crazy jumps in temperature are too much. 65 degrees three days ago. Today 30, brrrr. My run looks okay at a glance, ran a 15K (9.33) in 1:31:44 but it felt like a struggle the entire time to keep moving. That has been just about all my runs this past month. I just can't seem to get a good groove going. I have to fight to keep my feet moving. I wish I understood why I can't seem to find my rhythm, but in the meantime I keep pushing on. 
9:43, 9:20, 9:50, 9:38, 10:21, 9:55, 9:50, 9:49, 10:15 and .33 in 3:05 

Joining in on recapping my year of running I borrowed the questions from blogs I read, Evelinruns and @MissZippy1 blog, Miss Zippy 










Best Race Experience?
My first half marathon. It was a perfect morning and I am so glad I got to accomplish 13.1 
My first half marathon

Best Run? 
Toss up between my 10K PR - 59:00:05 and any of my (vacation) Montana runs because the crisp dry air and scenery was unbeatable.
Whitefish, MT
Best new piece of gear?
My Garmin watch. I don't have the fanciest one, but it does what I need and I love the Garmin connect web site. 

Best piece of running advice you received?
Don't feel you've had a "bad run" just because it didn't match or better a time you have already accomplished. Run and just enjoy the experience. 

Most inspirational runner? 

I read a lot of blogs and have Twitter and Loseit (app) buddies that inspire and support me every day. 

If you could sum up your year of running in a couple of words, what would they be?

This is my first full year running: challenging, invigorating, rewarding, frustrating, all of these things throughout the journey

Eager to see what the next year brings...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first full year of running!! Whitefish looks AMAZING. I would love it there.
    Also, well done on both the half marathon and the 10k PR. Those are some serious accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to get back to Whitefish :). I keep hoping at some point running May feel a little easier, but it hasn't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a strong believer of just enjoying the run. Of course, I don't mind a PR here and there as well. :) Whitefish looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤