Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweaty Sunday

I was feeling perky this a.m., had two days rest, and the sun was shining...and then I started running. My legs were feeling tight so I tried to ease into it, finally I just had to come to the conclusion today would be about just getting to the end. I didn't feel awful, I just felt like I had nothing left in the tank which is strange since I rested. I wasn't going to give up just because I wasn't able to go as fast as I wanted though, and seriously I was glistening when I was done, but my speediness seems hard to find lately.     
7.23 miles in 1:13:00
10:05, 9:31, 10:04, 10:03, 10:36, 10:32, 9:50 and .23 in 2:16 
Jan. no jacket - it doesn't get better than that


I do have a new issue going on and I am afraid to admit it out loud. I seem to have a new piece of bone growing on the inside of my foot (inside near my ankle bone) and I have been actively ignoring its presence for about a week now. It doesn't kill me, but I can feel it. Today it is larger for sure:(  I can't bear the thought of anything keeping me from running. I have worked so hard for two years trying to get my extra pounds off. My thyroid issues have made it extremely hard to lose and I can't imagine going backward now. 

Anyone just grow a new random piece of bone off the side of their foot? 

6 comments:

  1. Do you think it is a bone spur? It might be good to get it check out before it does get too big and start to hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should - the thought of it is breaking me out in sweats. I was busy at work today I didn't get to call. I ran tonight, its sore but it doesn't kill me. I need to just do it. I was thinking it's a spur :(

      Delete
  2. Hmm I have never heard of that, but I definitely think you should get it checked out. Whatever it is, probably best to nip it in the bud before it gets worse and potentially keeps you from running for a longer period.

    I know the thought of having to give up running for some time is scary, but if it happens it will open you up to a world of new opportunities. My running coach had hip surgery and couldn't run for almost a year, but during that time she took up biking and swimming and is now going to seriously kick butt at a triathlon. Prior to all this she was running and winning ultramarathons and couldn't imagine going without running.

    I hope that whatever is up with your foot doesn't keep you from running, but don't let it get you too down or nervous. Everything will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying! It's scares me, like heart stopping scary...I am going to try to schedule something this week. I kept thinking if I ignored it - it may go away. Denial is a powerful tool lol

      Delete
  3. I tend to be an ignorer, too, and only go to the doctor if I feel like I'm dying, so when I say you need to get to the doctor, I mean it. :) Hope it all works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so that way! I have to be a pain awhile before i give in. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤