Friday, March 28, 2014

Life Happens

The week leading up to the race that I trained so hard for...
...life got a little crazy. Trust me when I tell you that I wish running was what I was going to spew about.

Monday - We found out the Pastor that baptized my son passed away. His wife was my son's teacher for 3 years. Very dear to us and a sad loss.

Monday - My son had an accident. He's fine but his car wasn't and getting a call like that late at night is always rough. I was up worrying most of the night.

Tuesday - We found out the other driver had presented false insurance information and was not insured, so new problem to deal with and another evening up worrying.

Wednesday - I couldn't attend the funeral for Pastor Pete on Thursday so I decided to make the drive to the viewing Wednesday after work. It was a 300 mile round trip after work on Wednesday. I was glad I got to go and pay my respects to his family. I arrived home about midnight. 
Pastor Pete and my son 





















Thursday - After work Kasey and I had planned to go the expo and pick up our bibs which was a good half hour drive down town in crazy traffic.

Thursday night when I came home from my fun expo shopping  it was already 8:00 p.m.and I still had to run to the store for a few necessary  lunch items for Friday so I wouldn't eat anything junky.


Run Buddy got lots of new things

We ended up with matching vests lol 

Sure wish the rain would stay away 
Thursday -At the expo all the talk was rain. I had ignored the call for rain earlier in the week hopeful it would change...
but no.

I checked this morning (Friday) to see this lovely prediction...


8 AM EDT, March 28, 2014

By WeatherBug's Luke Paris




Untamed weather will run rampant as rain and even a few thunderstorms drench the Eastern U.S.


Saturday's forecast is rain to the tune of a half inch.  I just have no idea how to prepare for rain. My one (race) rain experience was a shorter distance and pretty rough. 
I am just not sure how this will all turn out! 

Workouts this past week - one...sadly. I just couldn't get time to squeeze workouts in, Tuesday night was it. 32 minutes on the treadmill (used some incline) and did 35 minutes light strength training and floor exercises. This worries me a little, but I did train hard until last week so all I can do is trust in my training.

Sometimes life just happens.

I for sure had a shortage of sleep this week, but I did eat healthy and hydrate well. 
Quick confession- 
Friday a.m. I did break down and eat the doughnut offered to me - I think the forecast pushed me over the edge.

Anyone else ever have these weeks where life just takes over? 
Do you love when a race has a great expo set up?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a week. That doughnut was well deserved.

    That "running is my happy hour" top is really cute!

    Hope you had a great race :) Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the top too! I ended up with an event one...next post :) I wish I could wear that kind of stuff to work, I'd have tons of it lol

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your week Karen! I completely understand. Life has been getting the better of me this month too. That forecast is so ridiculous, it's kind of funny (sorry, I know it's still a huge bummer). Donuts are wonderful! Confession: I ate 2 at our team meeting this week. I hope the race went well even if it was a little soggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast was very dramatic! LOL I always try to find the humor in things :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the pastor. He sounds like a special guy. My oldest has an attachment to the pastor who baptized him also. We should visit him..
    I adore the matching vests!! Expos are fun, and I always try to have a little cash just in case there's a great deal.
    Hope your race went well!
    smalltownrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raina :) I'll be posting soon. Go visit the Pastor :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your week. Sad news about your Pastor, glad you got to pay your respects. An accident is never good, even the smallest of fender benders is still an ordeal, glad he is ok. Dont worry about the rain, prepare as best as you can and get out there and run.

    Life takes over quite a bit and you just have to take it as it comes. Hope you have a better week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) I keep thinking it should go up from here!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤