Thursday, April 17, 2014

10 Questions

 I got a fun assignment from Kristina today :) 10 questions  
Check out Kristina's responses here I enjoy following her growth in her running journey. 
Since my working out has been slacking this week I will dive right in to this :) 
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and who would you bring with you? I'd love to visit is Alaska and I would bring my hubby and son for sure. I really want to go to Hawaii one day too! 
2. What was the name of your first pet, and how did you come up with it?  My first pet I was really attached to was a Collie named Susie. My mom named her, but I can remember cuddling with her to this day. 
3. If you could run with any one person at your next race, who would it be and why? I've been watching a lot of You tube ultra marathon stuff lately. The thought of running like that amazes me, I'll take any ultra finisher with me  :)  Josh Arthur    Western States 100 I like watching everyone crossing the finish line :) Lake Sonoma 50  
4. If the fire alarm in your house goes off, which three things do you take with you as you run out of the house? This actually happened to me about two years ago, nothing to awful - the electrical box did catch fire in our garage (at 4 a.m.) but my hubby caught it quick. I was worried about getting my cats to my car. It wasn't a real blazing fire so I think I was more annoyed than anything, it didn't put me into panic mode. 
5. Where did you go on your honeymoon (or where did you go on your favorite vacation)? Sadly we've been married almost 25 years and never had a real honeymoon. We have gone to Vegas a few times (saw Jay Leno- LOVED) and I loved it! I love going to Montana to see my mom. Montana is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. 
6. What is your favorite beverage? Alcoholic or nonalcoholic. Ohhh I still look forward to a diet fountain Pepsi on the way to work (I know it's bad for me). I don't like diet soda out of the bottle. I make ice tea at home with Truvia and a small scoop of frozen lemonade- so refreshing :)  I sure do enjoy a glass of wine also...Sangria, Pinot Grigio, yummmm.
7. What is your absolute favorite TV show of all time? That's tough! As a kid I couldn't wait each week for a new episode of Gilligan's Island and Star Trek. I went through a Love Boat/Fantasy Island phase too lol. As an adult I go through phases...I've been watching Bravo OC Housewives for years, but it's really starting to get old and I loved American Idol when it first came out, but haven't watched in a few years, instead I watch The Voice. I like 19 Kids and Counting too. Ohhh and remember Trading Spaces, I'd watched to see what crazy room design was next. 
8. What is your favorite cross training activity? Bench pressing for sure with the weight training. I still enjoy throwing on my Camelbak and hiking for a few hours too!
9. Are you hoping to PR at any distances this year? Which ones? I met my PR goal for this year  58:31 at an official 10K  was good for me  :) 
10. If you had to give up one of your senses (hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, feeling) which would it be and why? I guess I'd give up feeling. I need seeing and hearing to run! and I love tasting yummy food lol 

6 comments:

  1. Great answers!! I highly recommend the Unbreakable: Western States 100 documentary if you're enjoying ultra videos right now. It follows the top runners during the 2012 race where the course record set years earlier by Scott Jurek was broken. Also, if you haven't read Scott's book it is so so good! I think I've read it about 7 or 8 times now :)

    I love The Voice too, but only when Christina and CeeLo are on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Scott's book yet. I need to get it for my Kindle :) I am seriously awed watching Ultra clips...I really love trail running. I think partly because it takes my mind off how fast I am going and it just becomes about tackling the distance.

      Delete
  2. Fun! I am with you all the way on Alaska. I would love to go. I agree about the ultras. I think Scott Jurek might be one of my picks to run with, though he would need to slow down a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone I know went on Alaskan cruise- cruising through icebergs makes me nervous but I want to do it! The ultra folks would have to slowwwww way down for me lol

      Delete
  3. I used to watch Gilligan's Island when I was a kid too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤