Saturday, May 10, 2014

96 is Not Fair - It's Not Summer Yet

Coming out of work and seeing...
temps that high...(big deep sigh)...always makes me a little sad. It won't end now for at least three months, maybe four.
Gone are the carefree days when I can walk out of work and decide I am going for a run. Time to appreciate the treadmill. 


I needed consoling...and fuel to make the drive home 
yummmm a stop at Sweet Frog - yes, there is a little yogurt in the cup to flavor my toppings
and then I headed to the gym...
oh and look at my lovely car
The pollen in VA would probably coat me if tried to run outside anyway...
Let the joys of summer begin...
Do you thrive or dive in the heat? 

12 comments:

  1. hey, i'm a new reader :)

    i live in florida and the heat steals my soul every summer. this year it feels like it crept up on me when i wasn't looking. so, it's early mornings or treadmill for me until october :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn :) I feel your pain, I couldn't survive in Florida! Last year we had 90 degree days in Oct. too, I was the only nut who enjoyed the deep freeze winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would normally complain about the heat because in NC is brutal BUT (and that's a big but) after moving to Kansas and spending one brutal winter here, I will never ever again complain about how hot it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think this year was extra rough in a lot places- hopefully it will be a little milder next season :)

      Delete
  4. In my opinion it's never time to appreciate the treadmill. When here it's too hot I go to run in early morning, very early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wake up and run at the crack of dawn on weekends, but during the week I have to be at work by 7 a.m and can't handle running before. I agree the treadmill is rough for me lol

      Delete
  5. I do not thrive in the heat, it makes me melt. I will take our cooler than normal spring over that heat any time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of anything over 85, but I will take hot & dry (Denver, CO) over hot & humid (Raleigh, NC). We've been on Colorado for exactly one year now, and I can't say I miss "summer" in Northern California. Summer = gray & cloudy, highs in the low 70s, maybe some sun between 11am-1pm (and that's it!). Summer doesn't really start in Northern California until sometime in August, and it runs until Halloween. Really weird stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very different season! I have never been to Northern Cali...I would take hot and dry over humidity though. The sticky feeling is rough stuff! NC and VA are very similar

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤