Running

Running
Karen clutters up her little corner of the internet with her love of running

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Getting Ready for Date Night

I woke up Thursday morning with an awful headache so I took a few hours sick time and went back to sleep. It's amazing how much better I feel after I get some quality sleep like that. I went in to work half a day, so at least today wasn't a total wash...
Sleep is better than medication for me. I require a lot of sleep and rarely get enough during the week. 

It was overcast and sprinkling today so I ran a quick 5K - it was pretty humid but I manged a decent pace. I will take this weather any day over the past few 98 degree days. 



This time of year at my house the shedding animals get out of control. 

I comb them and the clumps seem to be never ending. I vacuum and it's hair covered again shorty after. I am glad we are going out, I don't have to look at it for a little while. 

Misty is a pretty silver color till it gets all over my floor. 

This hasn't been a spectacular running week. My hubby's days off fell on Wednesday and Thursday so I tend to hang out with him and I've only run a total of 7.5 miles in this week...so far :) I did get a good hour of weight work in Tuesday. 
My plan is to Saturday long run.


My gym boss arrived, I programmed it for 4 x 1, now I just have to get my legs to cooperate.  Hopefully I will have long run success to share with you ") My last long run was May 3rd, it was a 10 miler. 
My next longest distance this month has been 7 miles.
I ran a lot of miles this month in shorter runs. 

Hubby and I are heading out to the movies...my hubby is a big Seth MacFarlane fan so we are going to see, A Million Ways to Die in the West, I like to laugh...hopefully it'll provide some ")  



Any fun plans this weekend? How much sleep do you need to feel good? Shedding animals making you crazy yet this season? 

9 comments:

  1. oh, i'm so excited to hear if you like that movie. i've seen the trailers and i can't decide if i want to risk it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late night update- movie was bad, bad, bad lol omg, I hate bathroom humor and it went there...it had potential!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah man, I thought it had potential too. I'm not a big Seth McFarlane fan, but I figured out of the million ways at least 3 or 4 would be funny ;) Oh well.

      Cecil sheds a lot too and he HATES being brushed. As soon as I put his little brush anywhere near his body he starts biting the heck out of it.

      I hope your long run this weekend is fun! I think you'll find the 4/1 intervals help you feel really strong throughout!

      Delete
    2. There were very funny moments!! I just don't like bathroom humor...that scene in Bridemaids kind of kept me from wanting to see it more than once. My hubby thought it was awesome! I m trying to psych myself up for the run:)

      Delete
  3. We are having a shed-fest at our house too. If the dog would only let me vacuum her, this would be so much easier. Sometimes I go periods without a 'real' longrun. I think my longest run in April was 7miles-ish. It really depends on what I am training for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacuuming the dog would be great lol I don't know why i worry so much - I am afraid my body will decide it doesn't want to long run anymore if I don't make it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the movie idea! I think this may be one my hubby and I would both enjoy. :) My house is cat hair city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your babies do have a ton of fur!! There are funny moments in the movie, I just didn't love it as much a my hub.

      Delete
  5. Usually about 5-6 hours tops. But then every now and then I'll sleep for 8-10 hours, maybe playing catch up?

    I hear you re: the pet fur! Our puppy leaves us with a constant white hair covering over everything.

    No fun plans as yet. Watch this space. :)

    ReplyDelete