Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Week Just Happened


A week goes by really fast these days and when I try to think back about what I did each day everything kind of becomes a blur. Often my work out log on Garmin Connect is what prompts my memory of what was going on a specific day.
My memories seem to filter through my work out activities. 

Monday - I woke up early and it was cooler than usual so I was able to enjoy my first 10K outside in weeks. Went to work and pushed like a crazy person in overdrive all day, 7:00 a.m. till 5:30 p.m. By the time I got to the gym I felt drained, I ran a mile on the treadmill, stretched for a long time, and did leg lifts.
Tuesday - I worked about 4 hours in the afternoon, but couldn't remember how I really felt till I looked at my work out log. I did some planks (only on a good day), ran 2 miles, and logged 1:40 min. weight session, which reminded me I felt great because I got to sleep in! 



(、ン )☾★

Wednesday - Actually stuck out in my mind because I took off work, slept in really late, and I love days off!!!! Ran treadmill intervals in the afternoon and logged 2 more hours of weight training.
Thursday - Took a rest day, did usual life stuff...laundry, errands, Wal-Mart, etc...
Friday - Ran a fast incline mile to warm up, soared through a 1:19 min. weight session which felt like cardio, and ran a treadmill 5K after my work out. I was feeling so good I stretched and did the leg press before I left the gym.
Saturday - Took a rest day and a little road trip for a special service at Debbie's church. Debbie is usually my hiking buddy, but no activity this day expect eating :)
Karen, Ashante, and Debbie 

Sunday - Woke up and it was cool ☃ and I was able to run outside, I made it...double my title distance ") {four miler queen}

Sunday run
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary1:23:51.08.509:50
19:58.61.009:59
210:02.11.0010:02
39:27.41.009:27
410:05.91.0010:06
59:46.11.009:46
69:59.91.009:59
710:06.01.0010:06
89:49.91.009:50
94:35.40.509:05

Pavement twice in one week, very unexpected.

I start my new job Tuesday, I am thankful I was able to take a few days to rest this past week. It was pretty uneventful time off, but I needed the break.

Do your days kind of blur together? I realize I spend a lot of time doing what I have to do, not choosing what I want to do.  I tend to remember things a lot easier when I do have a choice in how I spend my hours.

How's your memory? What triggers memories for you: a song, a smell, dates, your work out log?

20 comments:

  1. My weekdays all kind of blend together. Usually at the end of the week I'll go through Garmin Connect or the training log I use for my coach and see what happened during the blur of the week :) Having the blog helps too!

    I hope you have a perfect first day at the job this week!

    PS: When you have time you should totally do a post about your weightlifting routine. I can't imagine spending more than an hour lifting! I would love to see what you do. Maybe it will inspire me to be less lazy with lifting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am a pile of nerves about tomorrow! I am sure you aren't a lazy lifter. We do four sets and do some muscle isolation, I will have to really pay attention and see if I can put a post together.

      Delete
    2. Oh the blog helps me too! Some times I go back just to see what was really happening lol

      Delete
  2. I agree - days and weeks and months have been FLYING by recently!
    Smells and songs are huge triggers for me, but often my friends remember many many details that I do not, hmmm, blame boozy nights out back in the day for those, unfortunately....
    Glad you had a day off and a few rest days this week, and all the best for your new job tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I had my share of boozy blurs in the 80's LOL I am so nervous about tomorrow, trying to be brave :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, my days blur together too! I'm glad you got outside a bit for running this week and got to double your 4miler Queen title! :) Good luck starting the new job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a treat to be outside. I got out for five miles this a.m. That won't happen again this week, need my beauty rest so I don't frighten my new people lol

      Delete
  4. Yes my days absolutely blur together. I also don't recall anything until I look at Garmin Connect. Sounds like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for a cool day! Glad you got out for a run that day. When life gets hectic, my days do blend together, and that's part of why I keep a journal and why I blog. I don't want to forget some of those special moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So important when you have a little one Marnie :) I remember having moments with my son I thought I would never forget, but stuff does fade. Your little guy will love looking at pictures you collect when he's a little older :)

      Delete
  6. SMELLS trigger memories for me! Also- weird, if I am running a route that I have done with a friend years prior, I can still remember what we talked about at random points on the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that!! I love how we attach memories to runs lol

      Delete
  7. I thought I commented on this. You are 100% correct, weeks fly by and I can't remember anything until I look back over my blog and Garmin lol. I actually stole your post and wrote similarly in my post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great to run in cooler weather. I'll have to wait a few months for that! That's a nice pace on your 9 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great workouts last week! Sounds like you're about to lose that four miler queen title. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are getting some great time in on the weights! Nice work on the nine-mile run too, :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Raina :) I am learning to love weights more and more!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤