Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's All About Sitting

Saturday - five hours of driving total so I could go enjoy a good hike
Sunday - almost 6 and half hours in the car to Baltimore and back to see my father-in-law
Monday - summer work hours begin 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.  (that's a lot of SITTING Monday - Thursday)
Tuesday - ten more hours of sitting, but I've been telling myself I will work out after work. 

All this sitting equals a very sore tush.

My hubby was off last night so we went to dinner and to see 22 Jump Street, which provided some laughs, but MORE SITTING! I wasn't in the door five minutes before my face was in the pillow and I was sound asleep.


Last week I had one of my lowest mileage weeks in months...13 miles, that's it all week. 

When am I going to accomplish anything working ten hour days, I am not sure...it's 6 p.m. by the time I get home and I am tired. A few low mileage weeks may be the norm for a spell.
Sadly, this isn't me right now

A little life update...
Remember I told you I accepted a position back in elementary school and I was uber excited to be going because I know everyone is all kinds of wonderful...weeeeell, 
I had to resign yesterday before I even started, because I got a job offer I couldn't pass up. It was an extremely difficult decision and I am feeling a little nutty from all the anxiety, but I took a leap so summer plans have changed.
I am going to a new tech center for high school students the county is opening this September. My contract starts July 1st, so I won't have any time off, but at least I won't have a break in pay and health insurance...and I will be 5 minutes from home. I have never had that luxury in 20 years of working!
Maybeeeee that will mean more running time in my life. We won't move into the new location until Sept. so I will have a half hour drive to the temporary site, but it's all good :) 

I wish I could be telling you about an awesome run, but I can't, so I will leave you with this...

Anyone else a Jimmy Fallon fan? I usually DVR and try to watch in my boo-coo spare time (haha). Love these crazy mash ups he does ")

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new, better job! I can't imagine getting to work 5 minutes from all... all that extra time to sleep in will be amazing :)

    Bummer about all the sitting, but I bet on your next run your legs will just FLY because they will be so excited to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I feel refreshed, but sitting seems to make me sluggish. I did go run 4 miles on the treadmill tonight :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!! Sounds awesome! Sounds like you've made the right decision. Usually last minute/change of plans are definitely the best thing, especially if you get that excited /adrenalin/enthusiastic feeling that just tells you 'this is right'.

    And only 5 minutes from home? Even more awesome.

    Wow, TEN hour workdays? No wonder you're tired/not getting in as many miles as you'd like. Totally understandable and hopefully a temporary situation for you. Look after yourself and get lots of rest during this time. Wow, I can't even imagine working an 8 hour workday these days, so not sure what I'm gonna do when I come back to the 'real world' next year, hmmm...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I keep trying to tell myself it's just temporary. I am probably the only nut who wishes summer was over lol

      Delete
  3. Congrats on a new job and a SHORT commute!! :) That is a lot of sitting. You will make up for it. You did a lot of hiking recently, I bet your tush appreciated some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ha, my tush needed it but I sure I could have been on my sofa :)

      Delete
  4. That is a lot of sitting. I sit all day for work too and have to get up periodically just to get the blood flowing. Font worry about the 13 mikes, weeks like that happen. I try to focus on the quality of the runs when I have low mileage weeks.

    Congrats on the new job, that is fantastic news. And 5 min away from home, that is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You are right, I am slowly trying to work on getting back to a hard progression :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new, close to home job. Sounds perfect for a runcommute! I've been stuck at my desk a lot more lately and I really feel the effects at the end of the day. I am much more sluggish and not as excited to workout. I've been spacing out some laps around my floor and sets of stairs to get the blood reflowing and keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting is bad...I thought about the runcommute! Cooler days are coming :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the new job!!! How very exciting and wonderful to be so close to home, too. Best of luck!!!

    That's a crazy amount of sitting! Hope you get in a good run soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I can run at some point that isn't treadmill lol

      Delete
  7. yay for the new exciting job! i actually taught at a "math and science center" for three years and loved it. the kids are absolutely amazing. it's all the best things about the education system.

    hope that the new job brings more time for running and other non-seated activities :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome Dawn:) I am not sure what to expect so that's good to hear, I have spent most of time working title one schools and my HS was the alternate placement to so a very different experience. I hope in Sept. once we move good things will happen for my schedule :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤