Monday, July 28, 2014

Just a Spectator for Now

This past weekend I was the photographer/cheerleader for my run buddy and her hubby at the James River Splash and Dash. It was kind of fun to watch everyone run in the 90 degree heat, but at one point I was so sweaty just hanging out, I thought I may as well have run...but maybe next year. 

The course was a 5k trail run on Belle Isle (hilly, single track) followed by a 1/3 mile tube float, paddle with your hands, across the James River. 


James River  Richmond, VA 


Done running and still smiling



They nailed it :) Great job!! 
I am really happy I went and hung out - very fun :) 
I did nothing significant as far as running goes this weekend, I slept in and ran 4 miles on the treadmill on Sunday. Somehow, I have still managed to hit my regular 70 mile monthly goal just picking off a mile here and a mile there. Thanks Clarinda for keeping me motivated. http://www.enjoyingthecourse.com/



I hope everyone had some fun this weekend, share if you did. 
Try to find some time this week to indulge in something you love ") 
Happy Trails, 
Karen 

17 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a cool event and that's awesome you were out to cheer. I especially like the part where to paddle across the river, I'm sure it's a much needed soaking after running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look very refreshing :) Lots of folks were flipping the tubes lol

      Delete
  2. Laying around in a tube after a race sounds like a great way to recover!

    I tried my hand at real cooking this weekend and the food actually came out food! It surprised both Adam and I :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaaa for cooking! I am cooking challenged myself lol what did you make?

      Delete
  3. How nice of you to volunteer as photographer/cheerleader. I love doing that, too. Sometimes it's fun being a spectator because you know how much encouragement the runner need (especially in mile 21 of a marathon -- that has been my favorite spectator experience to date), so the runners really appreciate it. But I like your plan to run this next year. It looks like a really fun 5K!

    Do the runners keep their shoes on during the float? Do they run the last bit in wet shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes on so you do get them wet, but part of the trail always had a small water spot to cross also so folks knew that :) Spectating is fun!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy spectating at races. I do it sometimes when my husband is racing and I'm not. The feeling of not being pressured/nervous at the start is well worth it for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate lol I get really nervous for some reason before I run

      Delete
  5. That race sounds awesome! I love that you get to float in a tube. I would totally be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The James River Splash and Dash looked like heaps of fun! I am training for my first half marathon so i had to get a run in over the weekend. its winter here so super cold, ended up on the treadmill. This week I go home to visit my family so its a good week to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fun event for sure :) You will love running your first half!

      Delete
  7. An awesome race during and, more, after the finishing line. Great photos.
    I cannot be a spectator, too much sufferance. I would like to race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to cool off! That is why I LOVE summer :D Good for you for volunteering!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤