Friday, July 18, 2014

T.G.I.F.

I have been pushing as hard as I can more days than I flake out lately. 

I guess I was due a flake day.

Thursday after work, I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't want to be at the gym, so I ran 2 miles on the treadmill, did some sit ups, leg lifts and a few heavy back sets and left.  I just couldn't do it, I didn't want to lift feeling that unmotivated. I felt "off" all night, so I planned to wake up early Friday and run.
Run or sleep...
6 a.m. I still wasn't feeling it, I went back to dream land and the next thing I knew it was 8:00 a.m. I ate an oatmeal raisin cookie and contemplated...

It was only 80 degrees this morning w/58% humidity - I put my sunscreen on and decided I could handle a half hour run outside. 30:44 5K and a 1.5 mile walk. You know if it had taken me 33:00 I would feel great about it. I am not so worried about pace, I really just want to feel good while I run. I didn't want to carry my hydration pack because I wasn't sure if I was going to last in the sun, so I traveled light. I still do not like carrying extra "stuff" with me when I run, but to do a longer run tomorrow I will have to cave and wear the pack. 

I love days like this - just enough clouds so it's not sun full force on you 

It actually felt really good to be outside. My outdoor run earlier this week was in the rain. 
Toward the end of my run I tried to pick up pace and push, but that nauseous feeling started in shortly after. 

This is a little blurb that explains pretty well where I am at in life...
The ability of your hypothalamus (a wedge-shaped tiny gland deep in the brain) to naturally and easily regulate body temperature seems to falter. Since that gland also triggers your thyroid's secretion of the hormones that regulate metabolism, you could watch yourself gain weight without even varying from your diet or exercise regimen by one iota. And you might feel extremely tired from time to time.
Credit: http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/women/menopause/welcome-to-menopause.htmMenopause - How Stuff Work

Yep, that sums up my story perfectly...

I will just have to have to chill and accept easy pace outside runs so I can enjoy myself and not overheat. I hope I can get my tush out of bed early tomorrow, I'd love to get a longer run in. 
My longest run all month - treadmill 10K's. 

Walking back home I saw a gal running toting a stroller, kid, and a dog. 
It was so nice, I sat on the steps to pet the kitty. VA has been pushing at a 100 degrees and can't breath humidity for the past few weeks. 
My run has me back on track, going to the gym later to lift upper body :) 

Pleasant weather welcome and appreciated. 


What are your weekend plans? 

9 comments:

  1. I often feel like you did at the gym on Monday's/Tuesdays. I have no desire to work out and I usually blame it on my exhausting long runs from Sunday.

    Love your running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see to feel that at least once a week. Thanks, I really like the shoes, they just have a few runs on them and they feel great :)

      Delete
  2. Love those pink shoes!

    I saw a woman running, pushing a stroller and walking her dog at the same time the other day, too. Truly impressive!

    Love the little castle graphic! So fitting for you now that you're signed up for the PHM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing at that show off lady with the kid AND the dog. She prob wasn't even sweating, right? haha. I think the heat has really been affecting me too. The only days I ran even near my normal pace and it was enjoyable were the days it cooled off a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you on the cloud cover--when it's like that, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your run got you back on track. I think your mood is normal, I would be down a bit if the heat impacted me like that too. You are still working hard and that's what counts the most. I can't wait for cooler weather so you can fly again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bit of an unmotivated week too. I was so burned out and I allowed myself time off without feeling guilty. Hoping I feel recharged during this week's workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The outdoor runs are the best and .... I would like to have a dog to run with.
    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤