Monday, November 24, 2014

About Last Week

Ran two miles on the treadmill, my legs were still feeling fatigued from my half on Saturday, so I did some legs lifts, stretching, and sit ups and headed home to be lazy.

I never sit alone
When I move, they look aggravated with me


The close of Fall - sent it out with pumpkin beer


 My boots were hard to zip over my calves #runnerproblems

 Deformed carrots frighten me



 My first real run after my half Thursday after work- nine easy paced miles 10:13 average pace


Tweeky looking despondent at the empty bowls

And we had a missing kitty for a little over 24 hours...

Junior, who has not been outside since he was four weeks old, popped the screen out in my son's room and jumped/fell from the second story window. We knew he would be too afraid to do anything but hide, so Kenny was searching for him close to the house. He discovered Junior in a tire in the neighbor's yard balled up. Overnight it was about 29 degrees...poor Junior. His right paw is sprained and swollen, and he is limping, but seems to be improving and otherwise okay. 


Junior recovering

Junior eating Saturday regaining his strength


Junior about four weeks old when my hubby rescued him the first time


Luckily the hubs spotted a piece of fur sticking out of the tire, or we may have never found him. He didn't make a peep. 

and finally Tweeky the toothless wonder had a meltdown over the weekend...

I discovered there is a path behind my gym that cuts through a neighborhood, it's a little hilly and pretty quiet. That means less treadmill, runs can be outside before my weight workouts :) 

Saturday ran three miles 9:45 average pace - went the gym and lifted upper body
Sunday ran three miles 9:55 average pace - went to gym and worked on core and legs.

How was your weekend? Are you cooking for Thanksgiving? 

25 comments:

  1. ok. ran 8 cold windy miles on Saturday and we are going out for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaa for no cooking lol Do you have a blog, when I click your profile, I can only see your reading list :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wear boots because I can never get them over my calves!
    I'll be cooking for T-giving. The Jayhawk heads out of town on a looooong business trip the next day, so we are referring to it as the last supper, lol. Hope you have a great Turkey Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, well that's good you get to enjoy your last meal together lol

      Delete
  3. I can only wear Uggs because no other boots will fit over my calves! haha (Not that I ever need boots in Florida, anyway).

    I am glad you included that note about the carrots. I hate deformed vegetables of any kind and will refuse to eat them. I only eat the ones that look perfectly shaped. I don't care if I am being rude to the weirdo misshapen veggies! ;)

    Poor Junior! I hope he's feeling better soon! Really glad you found him so quickly! I cannot imagine the panic of a pet going missing. I would be a mess! Cecil running away from home is one of my biggest irrational fears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very worried, because he gets so scared when people come in the house, I knew he would just hide outside and not come out. I am thankful Kenny spotted him.

      Delete
  4. Aww, poor Junior! I am happy he is okay!

    We are NOT cooking for Thanksgiving. We are going to a friend's home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Junior is looking better today :) That is good way to spend the holiday.

      Delete
  5. Poor kitties! Glad he is doing better- what a precious guy!

    Can't wait to get you to train with me...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junior looked quite pitiful limping around the house. I am excited about the training team, I hope I can keep up!!

      Delete
  6. Glad you found Junior! Seems like you have been getting in some good runs.
    Boots drive me crazy. I can't wait to get home and get them off when I wear them to "look nice". Why do they drive me crazy? They aren't sneakers.

    I am making pies and bringing them to my parent's house, and I help cook when I get there--at least I don't have to shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaa! I do hate the grocery store, darn evil place lol I wish I could wear my running shoes everyday and I am getting to the point clothes completely annoy me, I just want to put my running clothes on or sweat pants :)

      Delete
  7. Great job on your runs! So glad to hear that you found your little guy. I bet that was super cold for him and was happy to be found. I am going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving where she always cooks a feast. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junior has slept a lot since his big adventure, trying to recover I guess. A feast sounds fun :) Enjoy.

      Delete
  8. Ohhhh poor Junior! I'm glad you found him and he is recovering.

    I used to live with two cats despite having terrible cat allergies. I love cats but after two years of suffering, I realized, that cats are best admired from a distance.

    Your weekend sounds lovely. Ours was fairly lowkey and spent at home staying warm. We did do a little holiday shopping at the nearby outlets on Sunday and that was alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, shopping lol I am not ready yet. You have a little one to shop for though and that's always lots of fun! Allergies stink :( You need a hairless cat, but even I think they are funny looking lol

      Delete
  9. I know all too well about the boot/calf problem. I finally found a pair that fits me and I hope they last forever! So glad you found your Junior!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaa for good boots :) We were so relieved to find him.

      Delete
  10. Poor Junior!! I am so sorry that happened. Poor little guy cold and alone overnight. I bet he is sooooo happy to be back home with his family. :) always worry about that with my cats- we don't have 2nd story windows but I don't want them to get out. I hope Junior keeps improving! Give him a huge kiss on the forehead for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junior got extra attention and a smooch courtesy Megan :) he is a lot better today! It's always really scary when an indoor cat gets out. I have a few that will come if I call, but Junior wouldn't even make a peep he was so cared. We try to not let them escape if we can help it

      Delete
  11. Lucky Junior. I'm lucky my MIL still enjoys cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I do very little cooking. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwee.. poor Junior. Good thing you were able to find him! Hopefully his paw will be okay again asap. Such a cute cat <3
    Noo, I'm European :'(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junior is pretty funny, he has been running all over now, but when he wants something he will hold his paw up and loook pitiful. Smart little guy lol

      Delete
  13. Glad that Junior is recovering after the bad adventure. I have 3 cats at home and we always worry when they have a walk in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤