Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Half Planning & Heart Charts

Tuesday it was 78 degrees when I came out of work -
Race day - high of 43 and low of 30
This crazy temperature bouncing is making it really hard to plan what to wear. I've only run in 40ish temps a few times this season and if the sun is shining 43 can feel really different.



I am thinking...

arm sleeves, gloves, and a sleeveless top. At least I can peel the sleeves and gloves if I feel warm at some point. I can not decide which top?? I do have a light sleeveless vest too...decisions, decisions....


Last week I only got one session of upper body in. My tummy would react to any heavy push, when I really exert myself, I can feel a deep pain inside.  

When I try to run and I am having a flare up from diverticulitis, two main symptoms happen, I feel nauseous and weirdly sweaty, and I will randomly feel sharp pains. It's really aggravating.

Overall I tend to feel weak and my energy levels dip due to some other symptoms.
I am not trying to TMI, so I will just tell you I am really glad my strength is starting to feel normal now.

I've not been able to really pinpoint triggers and you all know I track everything on my Loseit app. I have plenty of data to analyze, but can't see a pattern, it's just kind of random.

Enough of that! I hope no one ever has these issues, but if you ever do, I am here to listen.

Monday night I went for a trail run
Two easy miles and one quick one. 

I walked/jogged two more miles and stretched.

Tuesday ~ I ran a very easy treadmill mile. I actually felt the fatigue in my hamstrings. I think I am ready to embrace resting now.

I started lifting and was so relieved I felt good!
So I hit it hard. 
Toward the end of my workout, I even did my three plates on the leg press, and the calf machine. My legs feel used up happy right now. I hope I didn't overdo it, I just couldn't help it. I kept thinking I have to chill the rest of the week, why not?

Heart Rate Weight Training 
Expand
16:4033:2050:001:06:4080100120140160Heart Rate (bpm)
Check out my cool heart chart when I am lifting - I try not to rest too long between sets

Seeing my heart charts really helped me to understand and trust what a great work out lifting is. 


Heart Rate 3 Mile Trail Run 
Expand
8:2016:4025:0080100120140160180Heart Rate (bpm)

This is my trail run from Monday night - looks pretty different. The funny thing is - it looks pretty similar to my elevation chart. :) 

So time to chill now, I feel used up happy.

Wednesday (planned) 25 min. easy pace
Thursday (for sure) rest and eat
Friday (planned) 15 min. easy pace
Saturday morning - race day - I may skip Friday and just do a warm up Saturday morning, it's hard to decide.

I probably won't post again till after the race. I am going to do my best, and try to feel content and be proud of whatever result I get.

Happy Trails,
Wishing all of you a great weekend!!
http://momsrunthistown.com
Note to self ") 

18 comments:

  1. That is a great pic of the trail, I'd be all over that lol.

    I like seeing the charts fit my runs. Fit some reason it makes me feel like the run was productive when you can see the stats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't "see" it I feel like it didn't happen lol That trail has its challenges, it's really hard to see tree roots right now.

      Delete
  2. The sun makes a huge difference when its in the 40's. Arm sleeves are a good idea. You can always roll them down or tuck them in a pocket (or bra!). I wear cheap knit gloves that I can toss if I get too hot. You've done the training. Just enjoy now. GOOD LUCK! You'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea for a stash spot lol I wear the little $$ store gloves, I could just toss them, if trying to stash them gets distracting :) Thanks, I hope this goes well!

      Delete
  3. Have a great run, Karen! I'll be thinking about you on Saturday! Have fun and run strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan :) I hope so!! It's so cold (windy & cloudy) here today, I am worried my outfit may not be warm enough, may have to rethink it.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your race! We are cheering you on from afar!
    I wish I could get to the point that I would like strength training...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much easier than running lol I love that I can push and just have to count to 12 and it's all over lol It's hard not to love that!

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better and it doesn't affect you during the race. I can never decide on what top either. Short sleeve or tank top for Vegas??? I hope it is warm out there. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet a tank top! I bet it will feel really nice this time of year. I hope you have a great race! I may go to long sleeves, it suck it up and start with a jacket.

      Delete
  6. Well, I am not a super fashionable person but I think I'd go with the grey top because darker colors for fall? Then again during my half last weekend I wore a top that is basically the same color as the solid color top in your picture so what do I know! :)

    I hope you have a fantastic race!! Post a recap soon after! I'll be waiting for it! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my gray top :) The wind has picked up here and it's making me nervous,wind changes the outfit plan lol Maybe the wind will go away, that would make me happy!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely trail!

    I nominated you!: http://www.simplerunner.com/2014/11/13/liebster-biebster/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nomination! I have two now :) I will post sometime next week :) My trail is lovely, but it's really hard to spot the tree roots!

      Delete
  8. Good luck!! Sorry to hear you have been feeling under the weather, but it sounds like it is getting better right in time. The 40s are my favorite race temps. Bring a longsleeve in case it's a cold 40. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!It continues to get colder here only 39 degrees right now. I ran this morning and it was 34, I am going to have to change the outfit for sure! It's a little windy too, which make sit feel colder...great!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤