Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Megan's Liebster Nomination

These posts really are fun to do :) and I have another to follow very soon that Marie Alessandra nominated me for. 

Thank you Megan for nominating me. 
Check our her Liebster post. 
1. What is your current health related goal?
To not be 48 years old. 
To see the Mockingjay movie...
Okay seriously,
I gained about 25 lbs. in 2010 and even though I've changed my eating habits, log all my food and exercise, took up running, and recently (May) started doing more than just "toning" stuff...I can't get the weight off due to my slowing thyroid. I've lost about 14 - 15 lbs. I try to keep my focus on getting stronger, but I will admit, some days the scale still gets to me, especially when its current trend is up. I just need a few more pounds off. 



get out of the red is always my motto :) 

2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
I usually think about a spider crawling in my mouth when I am sleeping. That could happen, right? 

3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Oh no...I am not good with presents at all. I don't mind wrapping, but I am not too fancy about it. 

4. What's your favorite cross training activity?
Lifting and upper body for sure. I also really love biking with my hubby, but we haven't been going enough lately.

5. If I came to visit you, what would we do? 
Run my favorite four mile trail loop, or ride to Farmville and run the High Bridge Trail I have been dying to get back to.



I would probably try to convince you to have some wine with me after a run :)

6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Kenny and I are going on a cruise in Alaska! 




7.  What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
I was rather embarrassed about how I just fell out in the grass, after a 3 mile run at Maymont park last July. "The feeling of fuzziness and light headedness persisted and I really thought I might drop. I hate to not finish something so I was determined to keep going to cross the start/finish, but when I crossed I was down. I plopped on the grass praying I wouldn't get sick. Kasey got me water, but I had a hard time getting it down because I was so nauseous. I had to sit there quite a while to recover."



My blurry finish line picture - not sure if you can tell, but I was pretty red, I was way overheated

This is one of the reasons I took a break and ran on the treadmill a lot this summer. I couldn't see the point in pushing myself that much for any reason.

8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.

Getting married - No digital pictures (cause it was so long ago) and I couldn't get my scanner to work :( 

Andrew being born - also a long time ago (24 yrs.) 

Andrew's high school graduation in 2008. I had a few moments where I thought it would never happen lol


He was a cute baby...


...and a cute little cowboy 




and cute all grown up (2011 Christmas pic) I am not sure if you tell, but his hair is very brown and his beard is red like my hair :) 


9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
Taco Bell - Mexican pizza no meat, and a seven layer burrito. I love both those fast food items, you don't have to force me :)

10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Tony Stewart - and some other NASCAR drivers
Carlos Mencia - Birthday post
Members of dcTalk, Casting Crowns, Stephen Curtis Chapman


I did not get to meet Jay Leno, but we saw him live in Vegas and I love Leno :) 
Kenny met Ollie North, but I couldn't get the scanner to work. 


11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes!
Love my honey xoxoxo

25th Anniversary photo 



Happy Hump Day!!! 
Tell me anything ;) Taco Bell lover? Want to go to Alaska

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE your 25th anniversary photos! Such a good idea holding the photo!
    I would like to go to Alaska someday, it is one of only 3 states that I haven't been to (Hawaii, and North Dakota are the others).
    My husband and I joke that we have celebrated a lot of milestones with Taco Bell; after buying our first house, after getting the first "real" job, second house...It is what we could afford at the time! (and really, who doesn't like Taco Bell?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl :) You are almost to that silver anniversary-time to find your favorite photos :) That is so cool you have been in almost every state! You need to check them off the list! I bet you could do a great post on all your travels. We ate at Taco Bell a lot over the years too because it is very economical lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun set of questions! I learned more great facts about you... and I love your irrational fear of a spider crawling into your mouth while you sleeping. Ha!

    I also do not love wrapping presents. I want to be good at it, brilliant, even, but I'm just awful. Nothing ever lines up right.

    I love that you have 25th anniversary photos. I hope that (1) my husband and I get that far; (2) when we do, he is willing to take photos with me. :-)

    I loved Taco Bell in college, but I can't say I go anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will have the 25th anniversary photo :) My mother in law was the queen of wrapping presents, she would have perfect edges and beautiful ribbons...I use bags a lot lol Gift wrapping may be a fun class to take one day :)

      Delete
  4. Cute pics of you and you hubby! Wine after runs are perfect. I do like Taco Bell out of any of the fast food restaurants. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was on a white wine kick for awhile, but it's back to red lately :)

      Delete
  5. I used to love Meximelts from Taco Bell. But it's been probably 20 years so I don't know if they have them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I will have to look next time I roll through :)

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say those are great anniversary pics (and I love your red shoes!). I wish we had thought of that.

      Delete
  6. I would love to go to Alaska! Definitely on my bucket list. Um so I read something that you eat like eight spiders in your sleep in your lifetime? I know, I don't want to feed your fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read that fact somewhere and it started me worrying about it LOL The thought makes me creeeeeep out

      Delete
  7. I love love LOVE reading these :D excited to see your answers to my questions :D

    I HAVE THAT SPIDER THING TOO! Haha my cousin once told me that every night 8 spiders crawl into your mouth and if you're not lucky they'll lay eggs in your tummy and one day spiders will crawl out your bellybutton or something - it freaked me out so much! I think it took me 2 or 3 years to stop sleeping with my head under the pillow (I though that would make it harder for the spiders to invade me HAHA). I was only 8, but seriously.. I bet she's the one who made me so terrified of spiders!

    Aww, cute pictures of you and the hubby :3

    Yesss, I want to go to Alaska! I've only been to New York, but I really want to visit every state in the US :D My cat's name is Alaska *random fact for you right there haha* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! I need a spider defense strategy lol Love it...I live here and I've only been to a few states, but NY was one of those adventures :) I hope you get to check some places off your travel bucket list!

      Delete
  8. Fun! I love these posts. I am totally up for the trail run and wine. That trail looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farmville is a pretty nice trail and it's long :) I really need to get out there and do a long run.

      Delete
  9. New to your blog and now I know a lot about you...from an even later bloomer (runner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Darlene! Do you have a blog? I clicked on your profile and see your blog roll but didn't see a blog link. Late bloomers need to stick together :)

      Delete
  10. Great answers. I've heard the Alaska cruise is amazing, I may have to look into that some day. Love me some Taco Bell but unfortunately I found Chipotle and that takes ask my lunch money. Sorry Taco Bell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get to do the Alaska cruise one day! I love Chipotle too :) It has the best guacamole ever!

      Delete
  11. Your family pictures are beautiful! The 25th anniv. one is hilarious! I can tell your son's hair/beard are two different colors. :) Are you guys really going on an Alaskan cruise??? Thanks for doing my survey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I want my 80's hair back! lol It used to be so nice and thick(sigh) I WISH we going on the Alaskan cruise..maybe one day. I have one more coming :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤