Monday, November 10, 2014

Wrapping Up Last week



Since I missed you last week, here's how last week played out...

~ my run was interesting. I had not run since Thursday and I felt ready to roll after work. It was really sunny, about 69ish degrees, and I wanted to run at least an hour and half.

My left calf  started burning and felt tight after I got going. I kept trying to adjust the pace thinking it would loosen up, but finally I just had to stop.
3 miles in 30:37

Holding a sign so I can drop my calves off the curb

and some of this too

walking a quarter of mile and stretching seemed to help so off I went again. 
I hate breaking up a run like that.
6 miles in 100:41
My calf felt better till close to the end. I went home and stretched a bunch more and drank 60 oz. of water. I was so thirsty, I think my weekend debauchery caught up to me.


Why can't broccoli taste like this? 
~ my attempt to run intervals on the treadmill was foiled by a strange chill that came on as soon as I started running. I felt so oddly drained, chilled, nauseous, and extra sweaty all at the same time I stopped a mile and half in. I went on to do some sit ups and leg lifts and I continued to feel nauseous, so I gave up and went home. I was asleep by 7 p.m.  I was pretty discouraged, this was my last hit it hard week before taper time.


~ I got a good upper body session in and ran 30 minutes on the treadmill - intervals 5 min. @ 8:49 X 4
My digestive issues (diverticulitis) were giving me chills, but it was a short run.

~ 4.5 miles in 46:03 my calf was feeling pretty good until the last half mile or so. It just feels like it needs a little TLC when it comes to stretching, but I am still battling the same chills and nausea problem. I couldn't have run another step, my gut was protesting for sure.


My first run of the season in long leggings - I was so hot once I got going.

~  Still not 100%, my energy levels were down, but my tummy was feeling better.  I took a two mile brisk walk and went to dinner with my hubby.



~  Anniversary day :) digestive issues are definitely improved, but my darn nose was running like a faucet and I felt achy all day.
6 miles in 1:00:31

I love the colors of Fall 

~ Just had to rest and take Zinc so I could kick the cold to the curb.              Does laundry count as cross training?
   Last week did not turn out like I hoped for sure. I wanted a kick butt week.  The good news is my digestive issues are in taper also (thankfully) and I should have all my yuck out of the way and be ready to roll Saturday :)


I nominated Robyn for a Liebster a few weeks ago - see her answers here
http://robynslivinglife.blogspot.com

Anyone else feel great disdain for their colon at times? 

22 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your GI system settles down. I had I give up gluten for my marathon training. It did help me. I started eating it again after the race. GI started up again too. Bummer.
    I had to do an extreme taper, and it worked out ok. It is better to do what you did, and listen to your body.
    I hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try to exclude the gluten and see if feel different after the half. Everything I read says I am getting too much fiber. It's hard to make changes though, because them I will start screwing up my protein numbers lol

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry you were feeling yucky! That is the worst when mentally you want to have a kick ass week but your body is like, nope, I need TLC. Here is hoping you are feeling 100% very soon! I like your little days of the week signs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was bummed, but I tried. I am starting to feel better now, trying to get more sleep this week :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about all these struggles with your running! As if it isn't enough to just have to find the willpower to go and run, and then all these other obstacles come into play! I hope you are all systems go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling so much better tonight! Thanks Marnie, I hope baby is well :)

      Delete
  4. If laundry counts as cross training, then I'm WAY over trained! I hope you are feeling better and ready to rock your half this weekend! Beautiful fall pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your digestive problems minimized as the week went on. It is always nice to have a full rest day to be able to go strong for your next long run. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest is so good!! Hard to place a value on it :)

      Delete
  6. If laundry counts as cross training than it is my least favorite workout activity ever and I would genuinely like to hire someone else to cross train in the laundry room for me!

    I am sorry that you had stomach issues on a week that you wanted to hit the ground hard, but I bet an extended taper will have you feeling super fresh on race day! All of that good energy will be stored up and ready to burst out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope!! I do feel really thankful it happened last weeek instead of now :)

      Delete
  7. I hope laundry counts, that would mean I get some cross training in each weekend.

    Rest up and feel better. Being 100% is more important than a few runs cut short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good for you Richard for helping out :) We all need cross-training lol

      Delete
  8. Sorry you weren't feeling great, but maybe that will ensure that you get the rest your body needs during the taper. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm sorry to hear about your tummy troubles on the run. I love your attitude in going back for another round once you felt better. :) Beautiful pics and I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to hang in there. Thanks - Brooks shoes :) I know you like pink! me too :)

      Delete
  10. I think laundry definitely counts as cross training! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. yes, I hear you with the disdain for our bowels - annoying and painful and always at very inconvenient days/moments!
    Beautiful fall pictures Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou!! Welcome back, I will be checking for your race post tomorrow :)

      Delete
  11. Laundry totally counts! Sorr you were feeling so crummy. Just remember all the hard training you put in this cycle. A couple of days off won't make a big fitness difference. I'm pulling for you this week! And I love the fall colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EB :) I am trying to relax and rest the next few days :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤