Thursday, December 11, 2014

Liebster

More Liebster! 
Thank you to Marie Alessandra for nominating me
http://www.simplerunner.com/

My 11 questions are:


1. What’s your favorite holiday?
As a kid Halloween, what's not to love about free candy?!
Now...I am not a big holiday person, I just like being off work

2. Do you have any hidden talents?
Cat whisperer ~ not really, they actually rule me
(L to R) Misty, Otto, Junior, Tweek 
and yes there are more of them...


This is a good picture of Baby, my tortoiseshell  - with Otto


BooBoo - our hurricane Sandy cat - we let him during the storm and he never left. He's our only kitty that goes outside.

3. What is one of your greatest fitness accomplishments?
Just the half marathon distance, this old gal seems challenged at 13.1 
I am at least taking steps toward training for a marathon..week two of training in progress

4. How did you get started running?
It's all run buddy's fault. She ran for a year before I finally decided to try. I had been hiking and walking long distances, and finally realized I should challenge myself. I seriously lacked confidence about running.  
My first 10K I power walked/jogged beside Kasey, while she ran until the last mile and then I ran. 
2012 Monument Ave 10K I mostly walked

My Henrico 5K post
My first 5K post. I was really excited I actually ran it :) 

5. What are your hobbies, besides running?
I go to work, the gym, run, eat, do laundry, repeat. There isn't much time for much else, I guess biking would be my other hobby. 

6. If you could run with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
Princess Diana 
I would love to run and chat about life with her. 




7. If you could run any race in the world, which race would you choose and why?
Okay, so I am not capable of running mountains, but... I dream about running up them. 
Maybe...
Mount Hood 50 in Oregon
The Rut in Big Sky, MT

8. What’s the weirdest compliment or advice anyone has ever given you?
When I was younger everyone would tell me I looked like Molly Ringwald. Compliment or insult...I'm not sure lol 
I never thought I looked like her. 

9. Name 5 of your favorite songs right now.
My five favorite running songs right now would probably be:
Counting Stars - One Republic
Dreamer - Livin' Joy 
Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
Show me - Cover Girls

10. Who do you admire the most and why?
My hubby :) He's retired now, but he was a damn good police officer. He takes good care of me and I couldn't live without him. 



11. If you could be any character from a tv show, who would you be?
Amy Farrah Fowler - she makes me laugh

Chime in and answer any question you want! I always love hearing from you 
I feel like so many of us have done a Liebster post lately I am not sure who to nominate!
I enjoy reading all your blogs and you are all worthy of a Liebster award :)

You can use my questions or any combination from these :)
What is your current health/fitness goal?
Do you have favorite blog post you wrote?
When you have spare time, or you are on a rest day, what’s your favorite past time?
Do you have sisters or brothers?
If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be?
Do you like gold or silver jewelry?
Pet peeves?
Favorite cereal?
Do you remember the day you found out Santa was not real?
Piercing or tattoos?
Favorite mode of transportation?
Name a few stores you shop at regularly.
Any other random fact you would like to share!

27 comments:

  1. I love that your kitties all eat in a row like that! It's like a dinner table just for cats! Growing up my grandmother was a big fan of everyone eating together and she used to say, "eat alone, die alone" (sort of morbid! hah!). When Cecil eats I usually sit or stand nearby so he's not alone! I am probably a crazy person :)

    My grandmother was also the person who told me Santa isn't real. I'll never forget when she said, "You know Santa isn't real right? You're too old to believe in that."

    Such a sweet lady, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! Your grandmother sounds feisty lol I can't believe she told you Santa was fake lol I found out at age 6 and freaked out! I realized there was no point to the ridiculous wish list after that lol

      Delete
  2. and I thought I had a lot of cats. i had 5 but one died so now I have 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( It's always sad to lose them, but I will not be replacing them. Four is a good number. I have too many and it takes me crazy amounts of time to clean every day but I do love them :)

      Delete
    2. That's what we decided. As we lose them, they're gone. Eventually we won't have any and we can replace all our furniture & rugs LOL

      Delete
    3. That's what I always think, one day I can decorate... lol

      Delete
  3. Glad to learn a little more about you. My current fitness goal is to remail injury free and continue training for the Goofy in January with my sister. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay healthy! That will be a great run in Jan :)

      Delete
  4. These surveys are so fun. I like learning about everyone!

    I remember the exact moment I found out Santa wasn't real. I was always skeptical of his whole gig to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should have never bought into the whole flying around the world thing lol

      Delete
  5. I love these posts. If I have time this weekend, I may take you up on doing one. My summer hobby is slalom waterskiing. My mother had to bribe me with a trip to Six Flags, but I tried it and have been hooked for life. I'm telling my age because no one does it any more. It's old school. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ski on one right?! My friend Debbie loves to do that :) or is slalom something else? I have a time just trying to get up on skis. Please do a post!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, one ski. Debbie must be around our age too, I'm guessing.

      Delete
    3. I love to waterski but I broke my foot skiing on one ski so I have nervous about it. My hubby still does. yes, I am old, older than you.

      Delete
    4. yes, Debbie is just a few years ahead of me, already crosses in to that 5 number. I will be there soon lol
      Breaking your foot sounds painful Darlene :( I would be nervous too, I wouldn't want to jeopardize running!

      Delete
  6. Awww! I love seeing all your kittehs!!!! They are the cutest! Please post more cats pics, all the time. Hee hee,

    And I love hearing that a friend got you in to running, so cool! :)

    How long was your husband a cop?

    Thanks for the nomination! I hope it's okay if I put my answers here :)

    What is your current health/fitness goal? PR at the marathon on Sunday, then get in shape to wear a bikini in Feb!
    Do you have favorite blog post you wrote? Hmmm. The ones I like the best get the least comments - like one I wrote about "flow."http://www.ilaxstudio.com/blog/2014/08/28/i-found-flow/
    When you have spare time, or you are on a rest day, what’s your favorite past time? Napping! And watching movies.
    Do you have sisters or brothers? Yes! Three - older bro, younger bro, younger sis!
    If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be? Hmmm... probably somewhere in Europe!
    Do you like gold or silver jewelry? Silver! And a little gold.
    Pet peeves? Clipping nails in a public space, interrupters, people who clear their throat a lot
    Favorite cereal? Cracklin' Oat Bran
    Do you remember the day you found out Santa was not real? I don't! I was just thinking about that though!
    Piercing or tattoos? Ears pierced, got my first tattoo in Oct
    Favorite mode of transportation? Running!
    Name a few stores you shop at regularly. Aldi, Kohl's, Tarjayjay

    Those were fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to post a tattoo picture :) I am with you, running and walking the best way to get there!! I hope you have a great race Sunday! My hubby was a cop for 24 years. I will always post kitty photos lol

      Delete
    2. Here it is! http://www.ilaxstudio.com/blog/2014/10/13/keep-running/

      Thank you!!!!

      24 years! He rocks! :)

      Delete
    3. I love it!! I tried to comment, but I can't for some reason :/ challenged user maybe??lol

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOO! LOL I may let my hair go gray and then we won't so much :-)

      Delete
  8. Great answers. Yikes Molly ringwald, yeah not sure which way to go on that one lol. Wow the Rut in MT, you totally have to do that. From what I've seen, that race is epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes is right LOL
      We will see if I survive marathon training. I would love to do an endurance event one day, but I need like a 24 hour cut off :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for the nomination! I feel bad, I just now saw it - I didn't get an email notification about being linked in the post.

    OMG YOUR CATS! We have two cats - one who looks just like your gray/white one in the first pic!! And I must concurr that you do you in fact bear resemblance to Ms Ringwald. Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I Just figured I would put out my favorite links that I read. No pressure! Kitties are good company :) I am try smile and say thank you when folks tell me I look like Ms. R lol

      Delete
  10. Yayy, you finally did it! :D I love these posts so much, it's such a great way to learn new (random) things about other bloggers :D HAHAHAH Molly Ringwald, loves it xD Heyy, it's not "JUST" a half marathon, a half marathon is hard and not everyone can run one - remember that! :D So cool that you've started training for a marathon!
    I think I need to answer your questions in a post soon 0:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am slow with the posts lol!! I try to tell myself the half is a good accomplishment, but yes, I really want to be in the marathon club :) Please do a post soon!! I like reading them too.

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤