Friday, December 26, 2014

Race Pictures


I finally decided to download one picture from the Richmond Half. This pic was snapped about mile two, and I was pretty darn chilly. 

My other pictures were rather comical, but there was one I liked that captured the Fall trees in the background. However, the $64.95 download for all pictures kept me from purchasing them. That seems really high $ to me for a download. I am not hating on the photographers, I know they are out there all day, and the company needs a profit, but I rarely even purchase a race picture because of the cost. It just doesn't seem reasonable to me. 

I probably would have paid up to $35 for a download, but $64.95 for pictures I looked pretty crazy in...I had to say no. 
One picture download was $24.95. So I picked the one above. 

One print was only $17.95, BUT they charged $6.95 for shipping...what???! Pictures weigh like an ounce, that seemed really crazy, so I did one download. 


A few of the pictures I missed out on...

I kind of liked this one - I thought the trees looked pretty
This was about a mile and half from the end - I kept thinking, "Where's the downhill everyone keeps talking about?" I almost picked this one for my one download. I had a time making up my mind. 
Oh! Here's the downhill - see how serious I got lol I wanted to be done in the worse way at this point. 
Do you usually purchase race pictures? Does the $64.95 seem reasonable to you? Do you like to get a finish line picture if possible? 

17 comments:

  1. I purchased my first half photos just because. And yes that is way too high a price. I have bought a few others if they were inexpensive. My finish line pics always look awful except for one that a friend took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seem to get a decent finish line either. The first half is a must! I purchased one too

      Delete
  2. You look so strong in all of those pictures!

    I have never purchased race pictures because like you said, they are SO expensive! However, my first Boston, I purchased a VIDEOTAPE of highlights of me from the race. That cost A LOT but it was my first Boston so it was worth it. Would not do it again though, just that one time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first Boston is very worth it :) It makes me crazy how much all this running stuff can cost

      Delete
    2. Oh and thank you ") I did feel pretty good that day! I got lucky.

      Delete
  3. I love the trees in your pics! That's way too much $$. I do buy them when they are reasonable, say 7.95-9.95. Some times they are free!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had a free event - awesome! I really liked the trees too and the medal was a Fall leaf, but I just didn't want to spring for all of them lol

      Delete
  4. Occasionally, I'll download or purchase a picture. I get it, that the photogs have to make a living but man, they are expensive! Last year when I spectated at a race, I angered a photog next to me who was trying to get his shots of the runners as they approached the finish line. My poster was in his way. But guess who was there first? He eventually moved away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the company could profit a lot more from being more reasonable for sure. I like your determination to cheer at the finish lol

      Delete
  5. I really like the pic you chose! You look fantastic in it!

    Just wait until you see the prices for pics for the Princess Half LOL. I would recommend buying your picture packet at the expo at the pre-race price if you think you'll want them!

    I have only bought one race pic in my entire life -- the $25 download. I just cannot justify the cost when I usually look like a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one did you buy?? Did you buy your marathon finish photo- I loved that one!

      Ahhhhh, I should have realized the Princess prices will be scary lol By the time I get there I may be so broke it won't be an option.

      Delete
  6. Hey Karen, I am with you... why do photos have to cost so much money? My guess is that not that many people buy them? But - as you point out - maybe if they cost less, more people would buy them?! Who knows. I bought pictures at my "firsts": first half marathon, first marathon, and then I stopped paying the money...

    I love the photo you bought. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first you do of anything is always great to have that memento!
      Thanks, I did have a time making up my mind. I do think they could sell a bunch more if they were cheaper.

      Delete
  7. Great pics! I never buy the race photos either. They are way expensive. The only ones I ever bought were my Boston ones. -L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never buy race photos because of the price. It's just insane how expensive they are sometimes. I did do a couple of races with free photos this year and I thought that was awesome. One of the sponsors paid for free digitals. It was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hihi you look so freaking adorable with your little cap thing, socks and skirt. Like a little disney person :D
    I've only bought pictures from the Florence marathon. The price wasn't too bad, I got ALL the pictures for.. I can't remember how much it was, but it was a package price. And my mom and I bought it together (because well.. we ran together so we were in the same photos haha) so it was very cheap :)
    That sounds extremely expencive...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤