Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Fun

Friday morning - I wasn't happy to see snow usher March in, BUT
I did get a day off over it, so it isn't all bad. Sleeping till 7 ish was great :)


I really am getting the itch to start doing some short runs though, so this is killing me. Since returning home from Disney, I've only accomplished one run, a whopping two miler. I slipped on some left over ice patch during that run and it made me nervous. I really do not want to undo all this healing, so I will wait. The weather peeps have promised warmer temps next week, and Spring is only days away, it's time for this aggravating, freezing, atypical for VA weather to go away.

I have been having fun looking over my Disney pictures.

#1 I got to run with Rapunzel
#2 I was actually running, not hobbling in a boot!
#3 I was feeling warmth and sunshine
#4 Fireworks!
#5 Smiles, smiles, and more smiles

I seriously have never smiled this much while running, nor have I enjoyed a course quite as much. It's so funny, that my favorite half marathon is my slowest one :) I do wish I had more character pictures, but this is the most documented race I've ever had. Picture overload!

I apologize now for the deluge of photos...
Jitters, jitters, jitters...will my leg hold up is what I was thinking right before we took off

 Then the fireworks started! Woohoooo :) and I was in wave F so I got to see a bunch





Only 13 seconds of this - wish I had more video - there's a balance to trying to capture something and just enjoying it live, and this was a really fun moment - talk about energy pumping through you! 

 The Castle has a majestic feel - very enchanting




Epcot - I was getting hot, the sun felt strong, but I wasn't stopping, we were almost done.
I turned on the timer about mile 7 - (4 x 1) the Galloway method is perfect when coming off an injury or trying to thrive in heat

 I made it after five weeks in a boot and I felt flippin' great!


Seriously, you know what I was thinking here...
I could still run my marathon in March lol 

Rapunzel (a.k.a. run buddy) had a great finisher photo

Tell me about a recent run or your planned run! I feel like it has been ages since I've run and I miss it!

22 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast and I'm so glad your leg held up!

    Good call on deciding to wait it out after your bout with the ice. It would be awful after all this time healing, it gets screwed up over something so small. Ice scares me a lot when I run. During the winter I am definitely breaking the running form rule and looking at the ground a lot when I run - I always want to see what's in front of me so I can be careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna :)
      Ice does stink, your feet come come out from under you way too quick! Bring on spring :)

      Delete
  2. Disney races are SO MUCH FUN. They got me hooked initially on running! Your costume is really cute. Did you make it? I love your ear to ear grin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I can see how you got hooked! Really loved the run.
      I actually purchased the costume at Halloween. They had a lighter one that looked more Pocahontas like, but my hubby liked the dark one :) I figured it was close enough lol

      Delete
  3. I always have a smile when I am at Disney too. How can you not have one. It is the most magical place on earth. Great pics! -L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit and I LOVE your pictures! You look so strong and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pics full of smiles, you have a great attitude and you look fast.
    I was there in 1999, long time ago, but i didn't have the chance to run......
    Great photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's neat you visited all the way from Italy :)

      Delete
  6. Love all the great pics, you look so happy! Glad to hear your held up after 5 weeks in the boot, I bet that felt so good! I have never been to a Disneyland or World. Someday I hope to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun place, but $$ :) The runs are really fun though!!

      Delete
  7. I love all the pics! I can see a bit of worry in your facial expression in the pre-race pics but at the end all I see is the thrill of a great race! That's awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad it went so smoothly :) I was a bit nervous lol

      Delete
  8. I LOVE your outfit!! All of the pictures are so much fun. What did runners do before digital photography allowed for SO MANY race photos? As for the snow, OUCH. I hope it melts ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know we are picture spoiled now! I use to have to wait a week to have pictures developed lol
      Snow is gone!!!

      Delete
  9. You look so happy in your race day pictures! You looked like you finished really strong. I agree don't risk ANYTHING on slippery roads!! It isn't worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was glad I waited, the weather has been much kinder the past few days :)

      Delete
  10. Aaah! I love all the smiles! Looks like you were having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good time :) I couldn't get the grin of lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤