Friday, April 17, 2015

Tag Your IT!

Darlene from My First 5K and more...  tagged me to share my...

Thanks Darlene! 
1) Location: Trail, Road, or Indoors?
Mostly paved, just running around the neighborhood for me...




Kind of boring...but it works! 


It's sad, but there is a lack of decent paved paths and parks close by to run in. I love to trail run, but haven't ventured back since my injury. I am still recovering, and a bit nervous about twisting my leg. I have fallen before because its very rooty and leaf covered where I go. 





This hurt that day, but I ran the next day and was fine :)


I do miss the quiet and the views on the trails.


2) Time of Day: Morning, Noon, or Evening? 

Usually it's a moon view for me very early in the morning lol but as the days are getting longer, I am starting to see more light on my morning runs.




3) Weather: Sunshine, Mild or Hot?
I don't do summer humidity well at all. I much rather be cold, but in sunshine! I can not take strong summer sun, I've had basil cells removed and I try to limit being out at peak times.

4) Fuel: Before, after, during?
I have become addicted to Nuun before and after. I will carry a hydration pack when it gets hot, but most runs in Fall, Spring, and Winter, I don't carry anything.
I do enjoy my hubby biking along with me so I can snag the water bottle from him :)

5) Accessories: Music, Watch & More?
Music - always! I have wireless headphones I love, and my Garmin Forerunner 110 is my constant companion. 



6) Rewards: Food, Wine, or …?
Water! I always drink a lot after running, and running motivates me to drink more through out the day.

Oh, and sometimes Waffle House scrambled eggs and cheese with hash browns after a long run.

7) Type of run: Long, tempo, intervals, hill repeats, progression, or recovery/easy?
Usually I am content if I am moving! I don't race much, so I often just run on feel. I am sure eventually, I will get back to the place where at least one work out a week is an interval or progression run, I enjoy both!




Have a great weekend! I have been ready for it since Monday!
 ¯\_()_/¯

I have been sitting here today visualizing myself happy at a finish line...


I am running a half marathon Saturday, even though I am totally unprepared!  I'll let you know how it goes.
What are you doing this weekend?

Hope your runs are happy ones, 
Karen 

16 comments:

  1. That looks like a nasty leg injury! A half marathon? Ha. You sound like me - on a whim! I'll be running one Sunday in the rain. I was going to "tag" you but saw Darlene had. Good luck. You'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurt that day, but it looked worse than it was lol
      I survived the half! I think I am cured of long runs for now though lol wow, was it hot!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh good luck with your half marathon! And thank you Karen, for always stopping by my blog, I love seeing your comments!! I just found out that we will be supplementing Baby O's breastfeeding routine with fortified formula which means... I am going to commit to getting back into running! (I was worried that increasing my exercise was affecting my milk supply, which it very well may be, but now we have an alternate to mama's milk!) After reading your "tag you're it" comments I am itching even more to get back to running.

    I miss the trails in California. When my husband (then boyfriend) introduced me to trail running, my knee and shin pains went away. My preference: trails > roads/asphalt > sidewalks. Sidewalks are the worst. And running on the beach is overrated. It is waaaay too hard to run on sand (I know it's supposed to be good for your running, but I hate it).

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to stop by and see how you are! I know supplementing for Baby O is a big decision, but it's good you won't have to worry!
      I agree, trails are so much easier ( most days lol) on my legs and sidewalk gets me too. Sidewalk is so hard. Beach running slow in packed sand is hard enough, I don't know anyone runs on hot sand!
      California has some great trails, hopefully you will find some spots you love in CO :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! I'm hoping as the kids get older we can spend more time up in the mountains and i can find some great running trails up there. Extra bonus if we can afford a second home up there. I can totally see spending summer weekends up there and doing alot of summer running there (where it can be alot cooler in the summer!)

      Delete
  3. That's my biggest fear tripping over a root during trail running. That looks like that hurt! Ouch! I did my first trail one of the season yesterday and so far so good. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you got to run!
      Trail running is a different beast lol

      Delete
  4. Good luck tomorrow!

    I've been known to trip over a few things...running and non-running...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fun! I will try to remember to get to this later. I haven't tripped running in awhile but my shin had a run in two days ago with my kettlebell. Never argue with a kettlebell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love kettle bells, but not good for the shins :(
      Do a running favorites post!

      Delete
  6. I bet you are done with your half already--How did it go? Great pictures. I am afraid of falling when running downhill on trails--I usually walk then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post half update soon- I survived!
      I enjoy walking trails too, much safer!

      Delete
  7. Your poor leg! It's hard to believe that you ran the next day. I like progression runs. I like proving to myself that I had more in the tank than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard fall, but luckily no real damage.
      I like that thought, progression are very challenging and a good confidence builder!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤