Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Past 168 Hours

Finally some running miles this past week. I think I am making some small strides (baaahaaa). I decided Monday morning, while I was too sore to do anything else, I would wake up and run before work at least two days...but I ended up getting up early three mornings! 


 Rest! Sunday I did a short leg workout. The leg press, calf machine, kettle bell swings, and a set of light dead lifts and woooowza was I sore in the area around my upper hamstrings and glutes (kettle bell swings). Each time I tried to sit Monday at work, it was a constant reminder I need to get back in shape, but I had flowers to cheer me up. 



 I love seeing stars twinkle on my morning run! A 5K is about all I can get in before work. It does keep me from over doing it.   Wow, my legs were still really sore from leg day!
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary30:32.03.119:50
19:45.81.009:46
29:44.61.009:45
310:02.91.0010:02
4:59.00.118:41

After work, I did 2 miles on the elliptical, and hubby and I had a good upper body lifting session :) 



Another run in the morning. I could still feel a twinge of soreness/pain when I was running up hill, but overall it was a decent run. My legs felt fatigued, but not as sore. Leg day effects lingered way too long lol 
I look like an alien in my Noxgear
After dinner we took a bike ride around the neighborhood. Sunny and 63 degrees...just soaking it in. 



Biking in my brightest orange shirt 

I did set my alarm but snooooze - snooze - snoooze . I decided to take a rest day. My legs are not ready for too many back to back days yet. 

Thursday night I met a moonshiner, not tromping through the woods, but in a local ABC (liquor) store. 

I love this picture of my honey xoxo

Rest did good things for me. I woke up feeling refreshed. It was so humid (82 %), but I felt ready to push myself a bit. I took a hilly route. I was panting when I finished - it was awesome. 


That's a speedy one for me :) 
I ran a mile and half on the treadmill and we got a decent lifting session in after work, but my wrist was finicky, so I wasn't quite a 100%
Have I mentioned I feel like I am constantly working around some ache or pain :/ 

I decided to run in the afternoon. Totally weird to be out in the sun. I am having a time trying to keep my runs at easy pace, I just want to push. I really missed running. 

My left hamstring really tightened up toward the end of this run, I am icing as I write this. I am not sure why, but pushing the pace a bit makes me feel like someone has a handful of my hamstring and is squeezing. 

Hydration support by #Nuun and hubby biking along with me ") 
  

 Happy Easter if you celebrate it! 

We are visiting my hubby's Dad. 

Just a little treadmill inspiration for you in case you haven't seen this...
it's very awesome! 
If you don't want to see the interview the action starts about 1:40 in :) 
I am totally going to rock this routine at the gym soon. (in my head) 



Tell me how your week went! Are you eating lots of jelly beans, chocolate, and peeps? 


20 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a busy week! Great job hitting the snooze and taking a rest day, we need to do that some days. I just went outside and did the Easter Bunny thing and it made me want to run out in the cool pre dawn morning. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to recover from my jelly bean high lol I really need my rest a lot more now that I am running some..but yeah!

      Delete
  2. You're doing great your recovery runs are faster than most runners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just happy to be running again! I really need to slow down a bit, but I get all excited and start pushing lol

      Delete
  3. Wow. All of your runs were at great paces! I know you are happy to be back at it. I love your brightest orange shirt! Hey, not many people can say they've met a moonshiner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs are still tired today from my Saturday run, I need to easy pace this week for sure. I just get so excited lol

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers!:)
    So cool you met that Moonshiner guy! My boyfriend is so jealous of you right now :'D
    Sounds like you've had a great week :D!
    I've eaten waaaay too much candy :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the same boat with sugar lol
      I enjoyed my flowers all week ;) Write that recap, I want to hear about your half!

      Delete
  5. Ooo, nice work getting back in to it! I hope the aches and pains go away! And I can totally see why pushing the pace makes them show up! But I know the last thing you want to hear is to ease back in... since you have been for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try to ease up more this week...we'll see :)

      Delete
  6. Nice week! No moonshiners here but I do see some strange characters in the local Forest Preserves. Maybe they are moonshiners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I pass some strange characters on the trails too lol

      Delete
  7. Great week of workouts! I didn't eat too much candy over Easter---I overindulged in chips...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Why does the non-nutritional stuff always seem to get us? I don't think I've ever overindulged on broccoli lol

      Delete
  8. First of all, you always look so beautiful and happy in all of your pictures. Second, KETTLE BELL SWINGS WRECK ME TOO!!! I am currently wrecked from doing swings on Sat. It is Mon evening. MAYBE I will feel better tomorrow, but today at work I told the kids I was walking like a Mee-Maw because I am so sore! I am gad you are running again. :) And it is fun to see you and your hubby spend so much time doing healthy things together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well shucks, thanks Megan :)
      I always wonder if I am crazy that I am sore a few days later! You know you worked it, right? LOL Mee-maw is a good description :)
      I am loving our healthy fit time together! It's the best thing ever, my hubby hurt for so many years after his motorcycle accident (and still does), I had kind of given up. It brings me a lot of joy to see him doing so much and he feels good.

      Delete
  9. I saw that treadmill video on Ellen's Instagram and it made me laugh so hard! I half want to try and but I know I'd kill myself. Love that your hubby bikes w/ you! My mom biked w/ me yesterday and that was fun. You did great w/ your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have watched that video a few times now lol and I keep thinking I should try this...my hubby warned me it wasn't a good idea ;)
      Always fun to have a work out buddy!

      Delete
  10. That guy on the treadmill was amazing! It sounds like overall you had a great active week! I hope your hamstring is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am resting :)
      I was amazed at treadmill guy!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤