Monday, May 18, 2015

It's The Third Week of May?!

It is the Monday morning weekly recap! Sorry, it's really not that exciting folks...


 Rest - my trip up the steps jarred my leg, which prompted some aching, which prompted rest. 


 Cycled 8.5 miles in a higher gear than normal and dripped with sweat on the pretend hills, tried out the lateral trainer for 20 minutes, and did some calf muscle work for 20 minutes. 

 35 minutes walking threw in random strides before work, after work cycled 5 miles and a good upper body weight session.

My legs were so sore! Not sure if the cycling got me, or the strides, but my quads were feeling toasty. Walked 3 miles before work and threw in some much slower strides.

 Took the day off work. Alternated walking and running a mile at a time, until I hit 6 miles. Then, we headed to Busch Gardens for more roller coaster tossing, flipping fun! Walking all over the park totaled 9 miles for the day.

 Rest, rest, rest, like a champ. Slept until 10:00 a.m. and was delightfully lazy. My legs were sore, that seemed to be the theme of the week, which was weird since I barely ran. 

 30 minutes on the elliptical and a good upper body weight session. 
Sunday evening I took a walk with run buddy, and of course we decided to run a little.
My leg is feeling better. I hope it stays that way...finally.
Sunday night 5K - 75 degrees,  89% humidity.  
I am going to be going through a lot soap in this humidity, I had to scrub several times over after this. 
I usually don't love to run in shorts, but I am loving my new Inknburn shorts. Ran in these Sunday night and they are really comfy
Hubby and I had fun at Busch Gardens on Friday. Tackling all the roller coasters at least twice, even though there was an endless sea of school groups in matching shirts running through the park like maniacs, making long human chains across the walkways, and just generally be annoying in every line we were in...twirling on, under, and over all the rails, the old folks prevailed and we closed the park down.
This was our Griffon photo from our last trip - this trip we rode in the front cart. 
At the top they stop the cart and hang you there for about 10 seconds before you drop - it's so incredibly awesome in the front seat looking down. 
The Griffon 
Somehow on Tempesto, at 62 miles an hour, Kenny managed a pose lol - I was screaming, not posing.
I made a new friend

 and asked myself why are turtles so flipping cute :) 


 Booo, they won't let you sit on the real ones...
and discovered a new favorite meal on Saturday

It wasn't a great week for running, but everything else turned out okay. 

Have you ever done this to squeeze every last drop out of a tube? How was your weekend? 

Have a great week, 
Karen 


28 comments:

  1. What a great week! You two are so cute. The humidity has returned down here too and it's so tough. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am trying to face summer and find some way to keep moving, even if it involves more walking.

      Delete
  2. Great job on your workouts. I will take sweaty runs with humidity over cold ones anyday. Sounds like a great time at Busch Gardens. I hope to get there sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying to embrace sweaty work outs :) We'll have to see how I am in a month lol...Busch Gardens is always a fun day!

      Delete
  3. Great job on the workouts--I hope your leg stays pain free! I have found that I get really sore from biking. So fun that you went on all the roller coasters! (I like them too!) LOVE THE SHORTS! I am going to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl :) I am daredevil when strapped in, try me on a bungee cord, I am not so sure lol I can not get over how sore my quads were, it was very strange. I guess the biking is good for me :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a blast! Amusement parks are so much fun....well except for the lines :-P

    I have never tried that trick with a tube before! I usually just start rolling it from the top to push everything toward the bottom.

    Love the shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the shorts are very cool. I felt strange at first, but once I was boiling hot I was glad to have as little clothing as possible lol
      hehe, I couldn't get it all out rolling it. I had to cut it :)
      We were fortunate both trips, before school is officially out, seems to be a good pick to visit. We waited about a half hour this last trip and few rides less :) Our last trip we waited a little longer but not bad at all.

      Delete
  5. Yes I have totally cut tubes up to get everything out of them! We are notorious for doing that with toothpaste. Karen, you and your husband remind me of Paul and I- doing silly things like posing on roller coasters and carousel horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess i have cut every thing squeezing out the last bit lol
      Got to have fun in life! Laughter is good for the soul :)

      Delete
  6. Those shorts are so cute on you! I was really into skirts for a long time, but these InkNBurn shorts have me hooked! So comfy to run and in and they are so amazing to look at! Looks like you had a great week, don't blink cause May will be over before you know it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy :) I was really glad the waist fit so well, normally things don't fit easily. The shorts will be great when it's boiling hot. I still like them better on you :)
      I can't believe how fast time is flying now!

      Delete
  7. You have those shorts too... I keep seeing them popping up everywhere & I am LOVING them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The designs are very cool! I like the bright and they do fit pretty well. I normally have a time with shorts.

      Delete
  8. Ha! Good for you, challenging those youngin's at the park!

    I LOVE Ink N Burn! Super cute shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! It was a loud screeching mess every where we went lol but we just joked about it all day, we were young once a Long time ago too lol

      Delete
  9. You are a brave woman! Scooby Doo at Kings Dominion is about my limit! ;-)

    I always cut my lotion tubes to get out every last drop, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use it up!! That's my motto :)
      I do love a good drop.

      Delete
  10. I love those inknburn shorts! And yay that you started running again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I was very relieved I did not ache today. I will try to proceed with caution, but I feel optimistic :)

      Delete
  11. You go right on ahead and ride roller coasters for the both of us! Ahhh just looking at your pictures is making my tummy flip! When I used to ride roller coasters in my wild and crazy days (lol) I would always try to smile for the camera. I may have been freaking out inside, but I always wanted to get a good pic, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good pic is very important lol We had a few good poses but the darn pictures are so expensive we didn't want to buy them all.
      I hope we get one more trip in Sept. to another close by park :)

      Delete
  12. I love amusement parks. As a child we went to Six Flags as much as we could. I need to try those shorts. Very cute! I would have to tuck my shirt in I guess to show the pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made it to Six Flags, I would love to go. It's funny when you go back as an adult and things have changed so much!
      Thanks, the waist band is nice on the shorts. Comfy :)

      Delete
  13. No I feel a sudden urge to go ride roller coasters! I'm going to Cedar Point in a little over a month and I can't wait! Also, that picture with the owl is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to sit in the front for at least one of your roller coasters rides! Totally worth it :0)

      Delete
  14. Those shorts are cool! Do they look like denim? I love the waist band. And Busch Gardens looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The shorts do look denim. I really love the waist band, it's nice and thick so it sits well and it helps me with the muffin top :)
      Busch Gardens is super fun! That was probably our last trip for this season, but we still have one more amusement park in VA to visit :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤