Thursday, August 13, 2015

Liebster Time


Liebster AwardDarlene from My First 5K and More...recently answered some fun Liebster questions, you can read her answers here: Darlene's Liebster Post 
Thank you Darlene  for nominating me. 
My questions:

What is your dream job?
Vacation at the beach or the city?
What is your favorite food?
Red or white wine?
What is one thing you have accomplished on your bucket list?
Morning person or night owl?
If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?
Favorite race and why?
Favorite TV show?
How do you relax?


So, here we go! This is post number 200!

Dream job - well, as kid I dreamed about being Joy from Born Free,  although the movie broke my heart in so many ways, I loved the story. I dreamed about the close connection with the animals. 


I have always loved animals. 

Honestly, my real dream is to NOT have a job. 

Beach or city vacation? Neither! 
I am going to the mountains. 
From one of my trips to Flathead Lake, MT. 

Glacier National Park 

Fav food is hard.
I love guacamole, super cheesy pizza, linguine with lots of veggies, I like a lot of food! 

Wine, I love it all :) Not super dry, but dry over sweet for sure. 

Bucket list? I can't think about bucket list stuff, breaks me out in hives...

Morning person or night owl? 
I have to be a morning person now.  As a kid, I loved late nights. 

If I could live anywhere?! 
I took a picture of my dream house on one of my trips to Montana. 

 BC would be at the top of the list, as well.

Favorite race - Richmond for sure, Oh you didn't mean Nascar...

My first half marathon I was elated! I finished in 2:13:03 and I had never ran farther than 9.75 miles.

Crossing the line for my first half at High Bridge Trail 


Richmond 2014 was half marathon number three - It was a good one :) 

Favorite TV show? I honestly don't get to watch much now. I DVR Masters of Sex. My guilty pleasure was the crazy Bravo Housewives of OC and Beverly Hills, but I barely followed it this year. 
Favorite old shows - Johnny Carson, Carol Burnette, and The Mike Douglas Show.

Relax? Run :) 
Before I ran, I loved to walk long distances. I use to carry a cassette player and take multiple tapes with me. 

It makes my day to hear from you ❤ pick one or two, and leave your answers in the comments below. 
What kind of house do you love? Stone, log, brick, farmhouse, modern, etc...
Introvert or extrovert? 
Is there a running moment you replay in your mind often? 
What is your dream job? 
Vacation at the beach or the city? 
What is your favorite food? 
Red or white wine? 
What is one thing you have accomplished on your bucket list? 
Morning person or night owl? 
If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be? 
Favorite race and why? 
Favorite TV show? 
How do you relax?


27 comments:

  1. Vacation is definitely beach over city (though I wouldn't turn down a trip to Paris). Favorite foods include pizza and burritos. Red wine, but I've been enjoying white this summer mainly because it's cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good thought EB :) I would visit Paris, or just about anywhere in Ireland, city or not.
      I am with you, pizza is so good.

      Delete
  2. Vacation - anywhere! Morning person, especially with good coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, if I am on vacation I can have fun :)
      In winter I will have coffee with you.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful list.
    As you my real dream is to NOT have a job and, of course, I love animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) More time to travel and love the animals, right :)

      Delete
  4. Montana is BEAUTIFUL! Our friends are going to Glacier park. We googled pics- WOW.

    I love the Carol Burnett show!

    Aw I remember cassette tapes! I had The Cranberries, Free Willy soundtrack, and Paula Abdul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glacier is burning right now :( My last visit I passed through a section of burned out trees, I know it rejuvenates, but it's sad to see acres and acres like that. No worries, though there are miles and miles and beauty! I hope they love it.
      Carol Burnett was fun.

      Delete
  5. What a great time for a first half marathon.
    My favorite food right now is avacados -I cant get enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was happy with it.
      I love avocado, had a huge blob today :)

      Delete
  6. Love your answer for your dream job. Isn't that the truth? Haha. When I was younger someone told me do what you love and find a way to get paid for it and you will enjoy your job. Well I love working out and I teach group fitness classes so I am doing it. Wish it was full time w benefits though:)

    Cassette tapes sounds so ancient. Even Cds sound old. Glad there is an easier and smaller way to listen to music. And no skipping. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always thought about teaching step aerobica, I loved it for years, but I could never get past my introvertness- is that a word? lol I think being instructor is a great way to go, but I hear you about the benefits :)
      I use to take CD's as well, its funny to think about carrying all that stuff now.

      Delete
  7. I love your half marathon story! Such a great memory and accomplishment. I've never been to Montana but I'll bet it's stunning. Vacation? It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia :) My first half was a fun day, I was so nervous right before it started I almost fell apart, but I got it together lol
      you are right, It's hard not to love vacation :)

      Delete
  8. I'll play along! Red wine only... I really don't like white wine. Unfortunately I'm both - a night owl and early riser, and it makes for a very tired Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both is tough! I do get to bed quite early several nights a week. I need about 8.5 to 9 hours to feel really good and it's hard to do that.

      Delete
  9. I have a LOT of the same favs as you. I used to LOVE the Johny Carson show!! My dream--mountain home, log cabin or traditional...
    red wine. early riser. Dream job--I LOVE coaching the kids in xc, and piano lessons...
    I like to watch football on TV. (but I LOVE to fall asleep watching HGTV).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the Property Brothers, how could I forget them!!
      That's awesome you coach :)

      Delete
  10. I replay last year's Chicago marathon all the time. It was such a contrast to the first time I ran it, when I was in tears. Last year's race was fun, and I felt great pretty much the whole time. I hope to repeat that this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!! That's awesome. I had a rough race my second half marathon, it took me along time to get the nerve up to replace that memory! I am so glad I did :) The good ones are so much more fun to replay over and over :)

      Delete
  11. Favorite TV show? Amazing Race!!!

    Congrats on your 200th post. That is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have never watched that, I would probably like it!

      Delete
  12. So fun, I love these types of posts, it's so fun to get to know others better!
    I am a mountain girl too, so I totally know what you mean. While I can enjoy a day at the beach, most the time I vote mountains all the way! And I would totally love a high mountain cabin some day! My sister and her family live up in the country and it's so peaceful, I get jealous when I sit on her deck and hear nothing but nature, but mine I hear traffic and stuff.
    Congrats on the 200th post too, AWESOME!!!
    Oh and I love Montana too, Flathead, Glacier I could visit that area each summer, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a lot of the same favorite foods. I can't get enough chips and guac!! I used to love watching the RHOC but I recently stopped watching also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to read, I love the mountains but I never want to live in them.. to closed in and too many trees. I am a wide open spaces rolling hills kind of girl and I want a big farm house with a wrap around porch. Red wine usually but sometimes a love a white as well. not too picky just pour me a glass please :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤