Monday, August 31, 2015

Training is Rolling

Welcome to my weekly wrap up! This link up is hosted by two wonderful ladies HoHoRuns and Misssippipiddlin.com
Join in the fun! Link up and share your week.


Lots of running by flashlight happening now

Monday a.m. - 5K run (31:42) half mile cool down
Tuesday a.m. -  5 mile run (51:40)
Wednesday a.m. -  3.53 mile run (33:56)  - 1 mile TM run 1 hour upper and core strength training
Thursday a.m. - REST
Friday a.m. - 7 mile Sole Sister Run (1:12:45) half mile cool down and stretching
Saturday a.m. - 5  mile run (51:17) 1 mile walk and stretching
Saturday p.m. - Elliptical warm up and 90 minutes core and upper strength training
Sunday - REST


I had a few break through moments this past week. Wednesday, I actually felt strong while I was running. I am not use to running several days in a row.  All these months recovering from the stress fracture, I have tried to run every other day, or two days in a row at the most, but I am trying to toughen up my legs now. Thursday, I felt I could have run again, but I rested, because I don't want to go crazy all at once.
The more I run, the more challenging it is to get my strength training done, and I skimped on legs this week because they were tired. 



Friday I ran my Sole Sister 7 mile race and enjoyed every mile. I was feeling the humidity, so honestly, I didn't push myself too much. I just cruised around and thought about all my wonderful real life, and virtual running buds, and all your awesome accomplishments. Awesome run therapy... you all are some pretty amazing peeps! I truly appreciate each comment, word of encouragement, advice, and support you all provide me.



Saturday I went to half marathon training team and 5 miles was on the schedule. I was surprised my legs felt strong.

You all know how running is, you get some great highs...and just to keep me humble, I had to have a little low. Saturday when I headed to the gym, my legs felt fatigued big time. I spent a lot of time stretching before I did my work out. I guess 12 miles in two days got me. I remember way back when I could handle that with out blinking...it's coming again soon :)
Anyway, Saturday night my right ankle stiffened up quite a bit. It was very odd and hubby rubbed in some pain reliever, and I iced it. Sunday it still felt pretty stiff, so I decided to not press my luck, and I rested again. Sunday night as I was writing this, I started to feel a lot better, so I am pretty sure I will be ready to run again Monday morning :)  Rest can be a beautiful thing...
I actually had time to cook meat sauce for my hubby and veggie for me...



I earned this yummy treat Saturday...one of my all time favorites :)

                             ❤️ to EAT! 


I am going on vacation this week through Monday the 7th. We are celebrating my honey's 50th birthday. 



I am very excited. We have not been on a extended vacation for quite awhile. I am sure I will see you on Instagram! Karensrunva if you want to follow me :)

I will be challenged to keep up with all your posts for the next few weeks. School opening is always a little busier than normal, but I promise I'LL BE BACK!

Anyone else love fruit salad as much as me? 


Oh and a happy note this week...
This sweet beauty showed up on my porch 

 And thanks to the good old Facebook neighborhood page we were able to connect him to his owner in about an hour :)

How was your past week? 

Wishing you happy trails,
Karen 

44 comments:

  1. I hope you have a GREAT vacation! You deserve it! Happy 50th to your special dude!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hanna :) Fingers crossed we have good weather, I keep watching that crazy hurricane/tropical storm that is brewing!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the big birthday festivities! That dog definitely knew where to go. Glad he found his home! And yay for feeling strong! That's always a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that strong feeling! It's coming every once in awhile and then the heat comes back lol
      The dog was so sweet. I am relieved he has his people back :)

      Delete
  3. Love fruit esp in the summer. I am nervous about running more than one day in a row but sometimes I do it. I haven't had an easy or good run in a long time. I am due!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. My runs this summer were all very tedious and a bit discouraging if I was honest, I just feel so incredibly heavy in the heat...thank goodness I've had a few good moments finally. It does good for the soul! Yes you are due, and I hope it happens soon!

      Delete
  4. Aww, I am happy you could find that dog's family! :)

    Woo hoo for feeling strong after three days of running! It's smart you rested after. I hope the ankle feels better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog was a sweetie, always makes me miss having one.
      I was shocked I could handle three days in a row lol
      I ran this morning and my ankle was good to go, the heat was killing me though!

      Delete
  5. Have a fabulous vacation! Happy birthday to your hubby! Glad to hear running is going good and I hope you were able to have a great run this morning as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I was able to get a few miles in this morning, so I started the week off right!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a very solid week! I'm so impressed with everyone running that virtual race. Really not my thing.

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the theme, tank top and medal, so I was sucked in LOL I don't do them often.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Have a GREAT vaycay and Happy Bday to your hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could eat avacados & Guac every day :)
    You look so cute in your Sole Sisters pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am :)
      I could guac every day too, I love it!

      Delete
  9. You sure have been having some awesome running highs lately!! Enjoy your vacation! !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a great week with a lot of miles! Ha -- you and I did the Sole Sisters at the same time! We had two dogs in our backyard one afternoon and thanks to FB the owners were located very quickly. I hope you have the best vacation ever! Happy Big 5-0 to your husband. I can't wait to see where you are! Thanks for linking up with us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting the "longer" run done before the weekend! I am going to miss my Friday's off, but not the 10 hour days lol
      That's the good of technology, right :)
      I am a goof! I have orientation and fee day this week, I don't leave until Friday but we are going to TN. Hubby thanks you :)

      Delete
  11. I am so hungry/rungry right now and you had to go and post that yummy meal? LOL...

    I think you had a great week of training--hope the ankle calms down. Have fun on your vaca...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As hard as you work you should be hungry! That cross training will get you too lol
      The ankle is cooperating again :)

      Delete
  12. So glad to hear you had a great week my friend! I too had a ball thinking of all the great sole sister's running this weekend. Isn't it great when fb can be put to good use in finding the worried owners of a lost dog! I'll be keeping up with you on Instagram while your on vacation. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fun little community for sure :) I loved the Sole Sister theme.
      That is the good part of technology for sure!
      I will see you on Instagram :)

      Delete
  13. So glad to hear you had a great week my friend! I too had a ball thinking of all the great sole sister's running this weekend. Isn't it great when fb can be put to good use in finding the worried owners of a lost dog! I'll be keeping up with you on Instagram while your on vacation. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear you had a great week my friend! I too had a ball thinking of all the great sole sister's running this weekend. Isn't it great when fb can be put to good use in finding the worried owners of a lost dog! I'll be keeping up with you on Instagram while your on vacation. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww that's so nice that you were able to connect that sweet doggy with his owner really quickly. If Cecil ever got away I know I would be freaking out so hard until we reconnected! I can't even bare to imagine it!

    HAVE AN AWESOME VACATION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It kills the heart to think of our furry little babies wondering the world ...
      The dog was super sweet, I am glad he had a good owner :)
      I am going to do my best on the vacation!!

      Delete
  16. Yay! Vacation! ENJOY! And you eat (drink?LOL) a different kind of fruit salad than I've had. :) I'm glad the doggie found his way home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fruit salad is pretty yummy LOL
      I am going to best on the vacation :) Thank you!

      Delete
  17. Hope you have a wonderful vacation. I get little pangs of pain here and there and I have to be careful not to go into panic mode... it usually goes away. I find it is because I laced my shoes too tight, or the socks or on funny.... If something feels really off, try not to push it too much, I want to keep injury AWAY !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! I am not going to push those little aches too much. I am with you, I do not want to be out long term anymore.
      I get really nervous when something pops up like that, but the stiffness was gone my Monday morning and I did fine. I keep telling myself if I would have pushed Sunday I could have really made it worse.

      Delete
  18. Enjoy your vacation and happy birthday to "your honey".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby thanks you :) I am sure we will have a blast!

      Delete
  19. What a great post to dive back into and see how things are going for you. So great to hear that you've come a long way since your days of injury and that you are even running multiple days in a row. I can completely relate as I crawl (claw?) my way back to happy running shape. Even a 3 miler is a real struggle these days. We won't even talk about the long runs. Have fun on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain about long runs! A post is coming about my nemesis double digits lol It will get easier, hang in there! I crawled myself this morning, but I did it. I am just starting to bounce back slowly into shape :)
      Thanks! Good to hear from you :)

      Delete
  20. I love that tank! Too cute! Enjoy your vacation! It's well earned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have so much fun on your vacation!! Happy birthday, to your husband! SO happy that your running is getting easier AND good job building back up!
    That dog looks so cute, he just made himself at home. Did you have cats stuck to the doors and window of the front of your house???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I need to recover some of my lost pace, who knows how long it'll take.
      The dog was so sweet, all the cats were lined up, and I cracked the door and my orange cat, Tweek was happy to touch noses with him lol He must be used to cats!

      Delete
  22. What a cute dog - and looks well-behaved too! Rest is a good thing! I've been enjoying long bike rides on the weekend, but when we don't get out, I enjoy all the time at home instead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long bike rides are always fun :) I agree rest is a great thing!

      Delete
  23. Happy BD to your husband! Have fun on your long vacation! I hope you find better wifi than I have found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina :) I actually did not take my laptop on vacation, I needed to have a break! I sure have missed my blog buddies though, I need to get plugged back in!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤