Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ageless

The word of the day is ageless...

Thank you to Deb Runs for the Wednesday Word
You can join in the link up and 
read some great posts by clicking --> http://debruns.com/

Deb Runs


Ageless - never growing or appearing to grow old.

I know nothing about this.

I have wrinkles, snow white hair, a bit of an extra chin, age spots the size of darn quarters...
...all I see these days is how much I have aged. It is a kind of a snowball effect, it feels like the aging process have gained momentum on me these past few years.

Even though I am losing the physical battle, the fire inside me remains unchanged.

Passion is ageless.

Passion also unites us.

Our passion to run.

Our passion to improve our fitness.

Our passion to be active.

Our passion to be strong.

No matter our age, we bond through our common goals.


“Friendship is ageless. It is the spirit we should like and care for, not the shell that encases it.”
Robert W. Sweeting 


The spirit in us craves to be heard, acknowledged, and understood, no matter if we are introvert or extrovert, young or old.  

It is hard to explain to someone who has never poured their heart into 16 or 20 weeks of training, what a race or running means to you. 


The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.
~ Jacques Benigne Bossuel 


Sometimes what we do does not seem logical to others; why would someone enjoy sweating, feeling exhausted, and pushing past what is comfortable...

We are fortunate to have a community that embraces and does understand. Although, we all have very different backgrounds, education levels, and beliefs, we are bonded together by a common passion.


To be able to celebrate our victories, bounce training ideas off each other, 
applaud the happy moments, to share solutions, to understand and empathize with the struggles, and the injuries,  and to offer encouragement to each other, is a blessing and a gift. 

That commonality is ageless.

So cheers to our ageless community.  
You all are rock stars


Wishing you happy trails,

Karen ❤


30 comments:

  1. The heart does have reasons that reason does not understand! Love that and need to remember that. Here's to everyone in their quest to age gracefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is true about the heart!
      Amen to aging gracefully :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I know a little something about aging....lol. The running community is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 46 it seems the slope got steeper for me lol
      You look amazing Cheryl!

      Delete
  3. I think running will keep us young no matter what color our hair is!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off: how are you feeling?

    And very well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;)
      I tried to run this morning very briefly, it was okay and I didn't have pain like my last run, but still very tight. I scheduled a massage for tomorrow morning and i hope it helps enough to get through Saturday !

      Delete
  5. Love your post. Running is ageless.It bonds us together...no matter what age.

    Yes, we're aging physically but on the inside we are still young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU are the Rockstar! I totally agree running is ageless! It's only a stupid number, age is how you feel and what is inside. :) If you believe it, you will succeed in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am diligently trying to believe I will smiling and running this weekend! I hope to have a good report :)
      Running is very ageless :)

      Delete
  7. Yes we are all rock stars!!! Now excuse me while I go pluck some hairs from my chin...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, it all changes after 40, doesn't it?
    But I love all the AGELESS things that are still there... even as this body & skin ages away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does :) but it not all bad! I am wise now baaahhaaaa!

      Delete
  9. Great post! Passion is ageless. Snow white hair? Check. Older FRECKLES? Check. Sagging skin? Oh yes, check check. Age should be an attitude anyway, not a number. My brother has been OLD since his mid 20s. It's a choice. I love the commonality in this posse of strong, like-minded women! I hope your foot is better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! Passion is ageless and contagious, I forgot to mention that i think lol
      I tried to run this morning very briefly, it was okay and I didn't have pain like my last run, but still very tight. It is making my hamstring tight again, so I scheduled a massage for tomorrow morning and i hope it helps enough to get me through Saturday !

      Delete
  10. Yes, yes and YES. Age is just a number and I think running keeps us ageless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that we can continue in the running community no matter how "grown up" we get -- there are inspirations of all ages around us! Like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :)
      I have hopes to be hanging around a lot longer!

      Delete
  12. It only has to make sense to us... Waiting around and hoping for someone else's approval can be disappointing. Surround yourself with people who get it and who encourage you to pursue those passions that burn inside you.
    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well put ! I feel at least 10 years younger, and that's what counts !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes, our running community as a whole is ageless, as are most members within it! I'm seeing a trend that we older runners mentally feel much younger than our bodies think we are!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your post! The bond among runners is ageless! So true! I love the support I receive from complete strangers on a course of a half marathon or marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! I had a girl that chatted with me during a very cramped part of the course today and it helped keep me me motivated!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤