Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving!? Already?



I feel like I am the only blogger I know not in the hop.

If you have been stopping by here for any length of time, you may have figured out, I have a time getting myself to work, dressed with a lunch every day...

Soooo, maybe next year I will hop my way in...but for now, I just want to share with anyone who hasn't seen the link up. There are some awesome things being gifted this holiday season :) 
Stop by the hosts page and check out the great list. 

http://runawaybridalplanner.blogspot.com/2015/11/2015-holiday-giveaway-hop.html

http://tutusandtennies.com/holiday-blog-hop/



If you have never seen this, I am sure you will get a giggle from it. It is worth the 2 minutes watch lol 



Four days off, I am hoping to get my house clean, it probably won't happen but I can hope...right!?

I am trying to use the same tactic I do when running...

  • visualize the finish 
  • picture myself sweating, smiling, and strong
  • tell myself, I love this, I don't feel tired at all 
  • visualize how I will enjoying relaxing while feeling accomplished
  • picture myself running uphill and nailing it
  • visualize my feet hitting the ground in good form
  • focus on the strength it takes to keep moving 
  • celebrate the movement
  • dig deep, feel the breeze, and smile 
  • visualize that happy finish 
Okay, maybe I am feeling a bit overwhelmed thinking about cleaning lol 


I hope everyone has a few moments to take a breath, enjoy someone and something you love, and take a nap! Your muscles will love for it 

To all of you running a Turkey Trot - have a great time! 

Thanks for stopping by, 
Karen

and here is a marathon story for ya...seriously, I am just not sure what to think about this one... 

Richmond marathon runner doesn't let fall, concussion stop him from running

RICHMOND, Va. -- One runner from New Jersey didn’t let his fall at the Richmond marathon break his spirit.

Mark Washburne, 59, was about 10 yards from crossing the finish line Saturday until he fell, breaking his nose and getting a concussion.

After a few minutes he managed to get up and completed the race in three hours, 40 minutes and 40 seconds.

He was taken to the hospital for an overnight stay.

But staying off his feet would have stopped his 9,450 day running streak, a streak that equates to just over 25 years.

Washburne said the doctors were insistent, no running, but he was too determined.

So an hour after his release, Washburne strapped on his shoes and did a three-mile run across the city.

Washburne said he's been running three miles a day since the marathon. He is planning to run his 12th consecutive Boston marathon in 2016.

Washburne’s finishing time during Saturday’s event qualified him for the 2017 marathon.

18 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving either! And I know how you feel about being overwhelmed by cleaning. I've been there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to take it in stages today.
      At this rate I may never get to the grocery store for food LOL

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a chance to hop through the other hoppers yet. Maybe this weekend. My tactic for this weekend's chores and Christmas decorating? Coffee, coffee, coffee Christmas music...repeat. That clip is cute! The Despair stage is my favorite. I also got a kick out of "my teeth hurt". I've thought that! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some blog catching up to do too :)
      I have started trying coffee now that is nippy in the mornings and I have a new addiction going lol It does keep my from drinking diet soda...
      The teeth hurting is pretty funny. I have had those days where it seems everything is falling part. I relate!
      I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! My hubby told me he will take care of cooking tomorrow lol we will actually have every thing edible that way...

      Delete
  3. I'm not part of the giveaway hop either. Maybe it was offered, I was probably top disorganized to get my act together. Oh well. Today has been an ultra marathon of Thanksgiving prep for me. And my house isn't even clean. Ugh. Happy Thanksgiving Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the island :)
      Sounds like some good stuff is happening at your house. I try to not stress too much about the clean, it gets messy pretty fast anyway, but I really need to get things organized.
      Happy Turkey Day Marica :)

      Delete
  4. I work on Friday and then Saturday...you'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh... You really need a chance to take a breath!

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Karen! What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it was seered asparagus and the croissant rolls!! I have some mashed potatoes green beans and corn too :) going to have some baked apples in a minute! I had 2 rolls lol I've done lost my mind lol

      Delete
  6. Have a most wonderful Thanksgiving Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 days off but see if I get anything done.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL - I did get a load of laundry done...because I was out of sports bras!

      Delete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Karen! I tell myself when cleaning, "I am going to work really hard for 30 minutes, then take a break..."
    I also tell myself, as soon as the first people get here, they won't be able to tell if the house is messy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl :)
      I like it.., I need to use it. I am going to get X done and take a break. I still have not accomplished much!
      SO true, enjoy your company.

      Delete
  9. I watched this video while on the way to one of the Disney parks and I just started smiling and laughing. I'm not all the way there yet on the full marathon but I think 18 miles is pretty close anyway. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! 18 is a great long run :) I thought about all you running a marathon soon when I saw this video lol I have watched it several times lol Maybe one day when I feel like I am dying on a run it will make me smile!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤