Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Lazy" Dog Story


 What a beauty! 

http://www.nbcnews.com/slideshow/lazy-dog-crashes-half-marathon-finishes-seventh-n504091

News source: http://news.sky.com/story/1629503/lazy-dog-finishes-seventh-in-half-marathon

Race organisers credit the hound with putting the inaugural race "on the map", as photos of its exploits went viral.
19:42, UK,Monday 25 January 2016

Ludivine
A two-year-old hound with an apparent nose for competitive running has finished seventh in a half-marathon in Alabama.
The dog, named Ludivine, was a last-minute entry into the inaugural Elkmont Half Marathon last week after her owner let her outside to relieve herself.
Ludivine, said to have a penchant for solo walks through the woods, apparently heard the sound of runners gathering at the nearby starting line and went to investigate.
Ludivine received a medal for her efforts
When the starting gun fired Ludivine took off with the pack, witnesses told Runner's World.
She stopped several times throughout the 13.1-mile trek to inspect other dogs and animals, including a dead rabbit around the two-mile mark, race competitors told the magazine.
Jim Clemens, who eventually finished fourth, said: "Every time I thought she had dropped off to go back home, I would hear her coming back up to me, and she would race past me up to the two leaders."
Ludivine eventually crossed the finish line in a time of 1:32:56 - good enough for seventh out of some 165 runners. Race volunteers put a medal on the dog, who took time to pose for a picture after the race.
As Ludivine's accomplishment began to go viral, race organisers noted on Facebook that the dog was helping put the inaugural race "on the map".
Her owner, April Hamlin, said she learned of the dog's exploits after receiving photos via text messages.
"All I did was open the door, and she ran the race on her own accord," Ms Hamlin told Runner's World.
She added that Ludivine is "laid back and friendly, so I can't believe she ran the whole half marathon because she's actually really lazy".

24 comments:

  1. I love love love this story! Such a funny pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...they gave her a medal! If she hadn't stopped to sniff around, she would have won! I've got a small dog who could do this, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the medal picture lol
      It amazes they can run so far! You should take your buddy on a run :)

      Delete
  3. Buster needs more training geez lol. Great story thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If she hadn't stopped to sniff she may have won lol

      Delete
  4. I love this and that they gave her a medal! I can't believe she ran a half marathon. Most dogs like to sprint and pass out. And didn't the owner wonder where she got off to? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Usually they are tired fast, because they go way too hard lol I wondered that as well, didn't they miss her lol

      Delete
  5. I love any story about a dog. I think my lab would run that distance if I let her. Sadly, she has elbow dysplasia so we have always had to make sure to modify her activities. I take her for a walk after my run (perfect cool down for me) and in the warmer months, we are all about swimming together at the lake. Thanks for sharing this and putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww at least she can enjoy walks with you and swim. Dogs are so smart and sweet, couldn't ask for a better pal :)

      Delete
    2. I completely agree. Macy is the best pal & is my constant companion (I work from home so I call her the CCO - chief canine officer).

      Delete
    3. Not that you care, but her name is actually a tribute to our first dog Cuervo who was born in May and her name began with a C so I came up with Macy. LOL.

      Delete
    4. Now that is very creative!!
      I like the name Cuervo as well :)

      Delete
  6. Hilarious!! My dogs are more the bark excitedly as everyone runs past type!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story. Maybe this dog could help me fun longer and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the kind of stuff that should make the news, not the stupid Kardashians! Cola could totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I read this I thought about Cola! He could win with all the training he does :) lol
      I know, I hate some of the things that make the news!

      Delete
  9. Haha this totally made my day! I want a dog like that, wow :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤