Sunday, February 7, 2016

It Is Wrap Up Time Again


Linking up with those awesome ladies, Holly @ hohoruns and Tricia@ MissSippiPiddlin 
Join in! ㋡ Check out the etiquette here

MondayNothing
Tuesday Nothing
Wednesdayand more nothing
ThursdayCycling 18.40 mi (1:56:00)
20 min. legs lifts and stretching
FridayCycling 3.50 mi (14:45)
65 min. upper body work
SaturdayWalking 5.57 mi (1:19:08) Stretching
Sunday Cycling 5.00 miles (21:52)
65 min. leg work and stretching

I went off the rails.
I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I have been rallying each week and hanging on (picture thread like), but the crash was chasing me.



It started on Monday, well actually Sunday night. I slept till about 2 a.m., woke up, and never got back to sleep. My mind was racing, just blah.  I laid in the dark and tried to relax but never got a wink. Finally, I decided to read about 4 a.m. then got and started piddling about an hour later.  I have to be at work at 7 a.m.
I felt yuck all day..rundown, a bit spacey.
When I got home Otto was having issues, getting sick, losing his bladder, so I called and made the vet appt. for Wednesday.



Tuesday I woke up thankful I had slept, but I just couldn't find any motivation to do anything after work.


Wednesday was another extremely  busy work day. We had to prepare for our visitation days and that I wasn't going to be at my own campus Thursday and Friday. After work, we took Otto in and had to say goodbye...ugh, my heart :(
I miss him so much. Otto was not the typical cat, he greeted me everyday and was always right next to me. The void :(                    Otto's post
Otto with this tongue hanging out

Thursday I knew I had to hit reset.
I went and pedaled for almost two hours on the gym cycle. I did wear padded shorts, but my tush was still screaming toward the end. I am super slow but I climbed that hill.


Friday,  I woke up and my nose was burning, I felt like I was on the way to a sinus infection, but I lifted after work anyway.  My warm up so soooo short! I just couldn't  bare to sit on that cycle LOL


Saturday same nose burning, and sore cheeks.  Ugh...no time for sick. After lounging around, eating, and taking medicine, I took a walk. I stayed off my feet all week and tried to limit my walking because I still have no clue how much it hinders healing.
The cool sunshine worked its magic yet again, and lifted my mood tremendously. I runfess I ran a few glorious steps! Not long, but I HAD to cross a busy street quick...

Running felt easier on my feet than walking. Weird, but true. Once I saw my "quick" lap time, I had to run a few steps each mile just to beat my last lap time...weird, but true...it is a sickness lol

I had to work an open house for our school, and went in and did my thing, smiling and answering questions.



My feet feel about the same, they seem no worse for walking. I headed to the gym and got my leg work accomplished for the week.


Ready for this weirdness...
A lady I work with went to the doctors this week and came back in a boot. She has a drifting toe. Our toes look almost identical. We started talking and our stories are crazy similar. However, she is not a runner and doesn't even do much walking.  Her ball of the foot pain, is just from the walking around she does at work.
We both had the very specific pebble sensation under the ball of the foot. We both had it so pointed and strong we actually took our shoes off expecting to see a rock stuck in the tread, but it wasn't.
We both experienced a line sensation under the ball - like when your sock line hits your wrong.  We also both felt the bone connecting to the ground sensation, about a month before our toes went wonky. We both felt we were improving at some point before the real pain and swelling busted loose....weird.

This week was relentless for challenges. My appointment  with my sports medicine Doc was canceled, he is going to be out long term. I understand life happens, but I was a bit annoyed they didn't offer me a spot with another doctor in the practice, there are about 14 docs...
I feel like I am not meant to have a doctors help with this injury.

I am hoping I can get in to see the Doc who is helping the lady I work with, going to make that call Monday.

This week started out rough, I tried to pick myself up and get headed in the right direction.
I sure hope this week goes better than last.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Honestly, I am ready for this week to be over. Ever been there? 

42 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tough week. I hope you find an answer to your pain.

    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my best, but I am feeling little better now.
      Me tooo, I hope this Doc will see me in a reasonable time span.

      Delete
  2. I am sending you tons of love and hugs from PA, Karen. Saying goodbye to such a special kitty... there are no words at all. :( Love the picture with his tongue out! I told Paul about Otto and he said he LOVES that name for a kitty.

    That sucks about your doctor. :( I hope your friend's doc can get you in and help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Otto was my baby. I want him back. I know you get kitty love. I am glad Paul likes his name :) The vet named him when he was abandoned, and I noticed how quickly Otto responded to it, so I never changed it.
      Eventually I will see a doctor I hope...

      Delete
  3. So, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing one of our fur kids is always so hard. Sending you hugs! Sounds like you had the best week you could given all the challenges. I hope you can get in to see that other doc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard, the whole dynamic in the house changed with no Otto :( Thank you Jennifer.
      I tried to salvage the week! I sure I hope I can tooo, fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh, sounds like a rough week. I am so sorry about your kitty. I'd be miffed at the doctor's practice too. What's the point of going to a big practice if they can't cover for each other? I hope next week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco, not my best week for sure.
      My thoughts exactly, I wondered why they didn't even offer an appt. time. This week has to be better :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Otto. :-(

    Hope you can get in to see the other doctor this week, and get that foot pain diagnosed correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, saying goodbye does stink.
      I am going to call the Doc soon, fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  6. Yes you have a lot on your plate right now. I'm so sorry about your cat I know how special that relationship Is all too much. Maybe you can get some answers on your foot with a new Dr. Maybe there was a reason you didn't see the first one. Sending hugs to you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia :) I am going to work on that new Doc option shortly.

      Delete
  7. Here's to a much better week! I hope you can get an appointment with someone. Just be a nuisance. The squeaky wheel gets the grease...and all. I know you are missing Otto. My heart goes out to you. My pets are curled up with me right now and I know the void you talk about. It's never easy. Thanks for linking with us Karen. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was one of a kind for sure.
      I hope this week goes better, it has too, right.

      Delete
  8. Sending lots of love from Florida. Very sorry to hear about Otto but you gave him a great life and he surely felt loved. When I lost my Leo I still "talked" to him every day. That helped me feel like I still had a connection with him. Eventually I stopped, but in the first few weeks it helped a lot.

    REALLY hoping that you find a doctor that has all the answers you're looking for soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina. The first few weeks are the worst...my other kitties have been strange, so it doesn't help.
      I hope I can get an appt. today, we'll see...

      Delete
  9. Wow, you did not have a great week. That foot pain sounds horrible and hopefully you get a doctor's appointment really soon. I'm headed to the ortho doc today for a follow up to an IT band injury but now my hip is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not a new ache. Aches and pains are are quite annoying, I feel for ya, hopefully you can get some relief soon.

      Delete
  10. I hope this week is much better than last week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are able to get your appointment soon! That would be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I finally got one, I sure hope it goes well. I don't want the stop running lecture again...

      Delete
  12. BIG HUGS, Karen! I read your post about Otto when you first published it and was in tears. I've been there before and I know how hard it is. =( I hope things get better for you and that you are able to get an appointment soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) Pets are so easy to love. Sadly, it comes with the joy of knowing them, but it will get better.

      Delete
  13. Glad you are going to get in with this other doctor.
    I have a 'floating bone' on the top of my foot - it causes so many issues. The doctor told me when he saw it, "I bet if you have a sibling, they have the same thing" - I talked to my brother about it - & YEP... he gets that foot pain too. Feet are WEIRD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is odd, floats on top...I bet that does cause a weird foot pain, because these toes being raised a bit is very strange. When I hit it right, I get a funky cramp.
      They are weird, but we need them. I need these feet to behave lol

      Delete
  14. Oh Karen, I don't know how I managed to miss the news about Otto. :( Whoever thinks cats are independent have never truly bonded with them. Sure, they aren't the same as dogs, but man, Gizmo just follows me around in the mornings until I sit down so he can lay on my lap -- same thing in the middle of the day and at night!

    So much pain the last few months; I know so many people that have lost their furkids. :(

    Big, big hugs. If you ever want to talk with someone who understands, let me know.

    I'm so sorry about your dr appt too! That's terrible. Crossing fingers that you can get in with that lady's doc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judy :) I know this is a sad topic for you, still very fresh, I sure appreciate the offer.
      Cats are different little creatures. A few of mine are oblivious except for a few moments a day...Otto was like Gizmo. I honestly felt like he was a dog he was so attached.
      I did get an appt. and I will post probably Wednesday and do a full update :)

      Delete
  15. Sorry about the tough week :( I can't believe they didn't offer you an appointment at one of the other doctors at the practice! I hope it works out with the other doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit miffed, but I did get another appt. so I hope it goes well! I need a doctor to have a reasonable conversation with me, not just tell me I won't be running again.

      Delete
  16. Sorry the week wasn't great :( I think everything happens for a reason. Be patient, and this too shall pass. Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to take a deep breath and wait for that to happen lol Thanks, Karen

      Delete
  17. So sorry for the loss of your kitty, pets are so close to your heart.
    Hope this week is better, and that you can see a Doctor soon for your injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I have my fingers crossed I will have a better experience at my next appt.

      Delete
  18. I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty! :( Injuries are annoying - I hope you get an answer soon and can get back to running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am working on some new answers later today I hope!
      Thank you, I miss my kitty.

      Delete
  19. Sorry to read about Otto.
    I am with you. I just need February to be over--we will have our other house SOLD by then...until then trying to keep up with 2 places is crazy with snow removal, (inspections--errr)...
    I have been SO CLOSE to throwing in the towel on Boston. I am barely hanging on.
    I hope you are able to get an appointment with the doc quickly. I hope you are wearing something like running shoes at work--I think that would help.
    Chin up--keep pushing towards forward progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I wondered how you were doing with all the moving stuff, it is so time consuming.
      Try to hang in there, even if you don't have the greatest training cycle you can still have a great race! It is Boston, you will love being there even if you don't PR. Being there is so special.
      Yes, I wear running shoes every day now. They feel the best!

      Delete
  20. So very sorry for your loss. I hope your pain gets figured out soon, and that your week is better this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am feeling better now after my doctor appt. today :)
      So far this week has been a lot better!

      Delete
  21. That is NUTS that your coworker has the same issue! I hope her doc can help!!! I am still praying you have running in your future.

    And I have been thinking about you and Otto a lot. Big virtual hugs. It was a rough week for you :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Kim :)
      and hey, I have an answer to that prayer now!
      I am feeling so much better after seeing my new Doc today. If my co worker had not had that issue, I may have never met this man. Awesome for me, bad for her. The strangest part is that she doesn't really exercise and we have almost identical looking drifting toes.
      So far things are better! I still is my kitty though...

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤