Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hump Day Wrap Up!

I have not missed a weekly wrap up in a long time. So yep, I am posting on Wednesday...better late than never I guess. I really look forward to catching up with everyone and seeing what you have going on. I would love to read every post about 50 of you put up each week, but unfortunately some weeks are more time challenged than others. 
January through April is my busiest time at work, and I have lots of letters to run the next few weeks. Please know I am thinking of you all even if I don't comment.

I tried a short trail run last week and decided I better stick to walking a little while longer. My feet just are not ready yet, trust me, I wish they were.

Muscle memory - synonymous with motor learning, a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory.





My feet became use to pronating and supinating to avoid pain and I try to spend a little time each week trying to retrain my feet to plant properly. Not that exciting, but very necessary.

week ending 3-6-16 
Monday2.56 mi walk (44:07)
Tuesday Cycling (hilly) 12.26 mi (1:03:49) 2.2 mi trail run (24:09)
3 mi trail walk (47:22)
Wednesday2.2 mi walk (32:05)
cycling 3 mi (14:30)
75 min. leg weight training
15 min. stretching
ThursdayRest!
FridayTreadmill 1 mi (12:00)
30 min. circuit training
30 min. upper body weight training
SaturdayRest!
Sunday Cycling (hilly) 30 miles (2:48:03) stretching

Megan - I have no idea why my font is all different sizes, and colors, even though I undid all format and tried several times to fix it...it is all crazy!
LOL, it is not just you ¯\_()_/¯

Sunday, I closed the week out with a very chilly long ride on my bike. I am not speedy at all! It is all about the hills.


I have pedaled about 315 miles (since Jan. 8th) while rehabbing this injury, but I realized this past week I have spent almost zero time waking up my fast twitch muscles. I am not sure those miles are really keeping me in decent shape, I need to change my routine up a bit. 
Step one of fixing a problem is awareness, right?! I think I pedaled hard about 8 seconds last week, and it sucked! LOL

I started doing circuit training last week, but it is cutting into my cycle time, so I have no idea when I will fit that speed pedaling in really.  Circuit training is fun and confusing! Is it cardio or is it strength training?! I have no flipping idea, but it sure makes me sweat :)

Wendy sent this awesome Momentum wrap❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  

#Never Give Up


❤   I love it!! So soft, and it seriously makes me smile (。◕‿◕。) every time I look at it :) Thank you Wendy. 
I am trying to hang in there and this sure gave me a boost. 

As usual linking up with the awesome weekly wrap up ladies,
Join in! ㋡ Check out the etiquette here 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Experience any Spring like weather yet? 
Do you circuit train? 
Fast twitch ideas?

29 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to buy those wraps for myself and others (and then just forgetting).

    Circuit training is basically both cardio & ST (depending on how it's done). And it's great exercise.

    I don't think you really have to worry about your fast twitch muscles right now, when you do start running again, it'll be about rebuilding your base.

    But when biking, how about trying intervals? Just like speedwork, only on your bike. You'll burn more calories that way too!

    I'd love to comment on each and every blog in a link up, but you know what? Even not working, never gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get into this time of year at work, it gets a little crazy trying to meet deadlines...this too shall pass, but I feel guilty when I do't read posts.
      I really love the circuit, to be honest I am getting of biking so much, my tush hurts lol It feels like a good workout so I may replace a bunch of bike miles with circuit work the next few weeks and see what happens.
      I may try to do some intervals! But 8 seconds hurt lol

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a good week! It sounds smart to back off from the trail running if you don't feel quite where you need to be. I need to circuit train more than I do! It's always tough but fun. I feel like it keeps me engaged since you're changing up moves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chaitali :) My motivation has been challenged lately, but I try to keep it going.
      The circuit is pretty fun, I think if I stick with it I will figure out exactly how much weight to use :) The first week I was a mess lol

      Delete
  3. I love the wrap. That was very sweet of Wendy. (I won one from another blogger so we'll match.) Are you letting your hair grow? It looks good! That's a great long ride and you are realizing gains you aren't aware of. When I was cycling, I would play with speed and increase my Garmin number for certain miles or minutes. (It takes me days to read all the blogs -- but I'm happy people are linking!) And thank YOU for linking, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wrap is very awesome. I am funny about jewelry, I don't wear much, but the wrap is so soft it feels very comfy. I don't want to sweat in it!
      I guess my hair has grown a bit, but it is so gray, I am still toying with stripping the color, and going natural lol or just cutting it super short again...but thanks :)
      When I kick up the speed on the bike I am serious, I can only do seconds lol I need to work on it.

      Delete
  4. 30 miles of hills is amazing! I know that when I cycle I struggle with getting my HR in the "zone" it should be. Part of me is afraid to even ride that fast outside. One bike crash will do that, I guess. I think circuit training can definitely count as cardio AND strength! Love the bracelet. So sweet of Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very thoughtful of Wendy :) I love!!
      Thanks Marcia :)
      Around the neighborhood I struggle like that, I can't go fast enough because of traffic, the park is great but I am so slow.
      I wondered if I could really build muscle doing the circuit. I go lighter because it a minute and half, but I do feel challenged by it.

      Delete
  5. Mercy girl - you got the miles in on that bike, didn't you?
    I love circuit training. You're so right - the best of both worlds :)
    I LOVE YOUR BRACELET!! I've been wanting to order one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying with the bike :) I felt like I needed a break from it though lol
      I am curious how the circuit training will help me, I really do enjoy it.
      You need a bracelet! So comfy :)

      Delete
  6. Love the bracelet. Wendy is so nice. I want one..hint hint. LOL.

    You have done a lot of biking. Your legs will be stronger and will thank when you run longer distances.

    I only comment on a handful of blogs ---don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a whole collection of wraps now :) Yes, you need one!
      I hope my legs come out of this stronger. I have been trying to do more weight work too. My biggest challenge has been my weight gain, I feel sluggish...I need to get this off.
      It is hard to keep up with all the blogs for sure.

      Delete
  7. Great job on all the cycling miles! So impressive. We've just started to have spring like weather this week and it's so nice, but I fear it's short lived. It will be painfully hot before I am ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was 80 here today...and it is low humidity this week, but that will change very soon and then I will be sad LOL

      Delete
  8. That is a great pic of you! Your hair is immaculate!

    LOL at the font size!!!!!! Not that I am glad it is happening to you, but it is funny because it is something that PLAGUES me from time to time! WTF!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Megan :) It is low humidity still, I will be a frizz bomb in the few weeks lol
      OMG, the font made me laugh, I really have no clue why, and I didn't have time to fool with it or I may never posted this week to say I am alive.

      Delete
  9. Yes, Ma'am you can take my word for it, it takes a long time to read all the posts on Weekly Wrap, but it is a lot of fun! I'm so glad you slipped in and you are just in time, we always welcome you friend! I'm glad to see you are still hanging in there. Progress is progress even if it's small, right? Take care of it so you'll be back to work for fall races!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia :) It does take time, but you all make me feel motivated each week.
      I am thankful I have made progress, but it harder than I expected for sure. You would think in two months I would be farther along!

      Delete
  10. LOVe my wrap too... I think what is so special is that it came from someone in the blogging community. LOVE the peer support.
    Glad that you are biking and I am sure, as with anything new, that you need to experiment and see how your body reacts, how it fits into your Schedule, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so special :) The support from blogging buddies has made a huge difference in my journey.
      It is getting hot fast,so maybe morning biking will be happening soon :)

      Delete
  11. Its been very spring like here! I am loving it. You have pedaled a lot of miles so far this year, I haven't even dusted off my bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring has come in full force here. I get a little crazy when I think about summer, but it is happening! I am in bike overload, I am going to take a little break this week :)

      Delete
  12. It was so beautiful here the fast few days. I definitely took advantage of enjoying the outdoors. I recently just got one of those bracelets myself. I also bought some as gifts. I can't believe how soft they are. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened fast! 35 one day warm the next lol
      The bracelets are so soft, I think they are great gifts! I am impressed for sure :)

      Delete
  13. I'm wearing my bracelet too, since my wipe out yesterday! Yikes! I hope we can all do that half in December and meet IRL! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you stay upright from now on!!
      I am so impressed with how nice the wraps are, it was so sweet of you to think of me :)
      I really hope we get to meet in December, I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  14. Glad to hear you're doing fine :) I should get into cycling and stuff like that too hah :) Such a cute bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Thanks, the cycling has been keeping me sane, but I took a break this week!

      Delete
  15. This past week's weather was fabulous, so I got lots of gardening in, and got a major dose of spring fever!. :-)

    I definitely challenged my fast twitch fibers this past week. Yay, finally!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤