Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Victory of Sorts :)

I only took 3 rest days the whole month of June. I was kind of on a roll doing just a little something everyday, and while it makes me feel better, it also causes me to let other stuff go.

So...since July has started, I've had 3 days off already.  I was nervous since I started pushing my feet a bit more. I am trying to NOT be greedy with my miles., and my ten hour work days are kicking my tush! 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. is just tooooo long!



4
Warm Up -
0.40 mi 0:07:10

Right Through That Ceiling - 8.26 mi 1:29:28

Walking - 0.30 mi 0:08:15
5
6
Fryer Five -
5.01 mi
0:56:06

Cool Down - 
0.26 mi 0:05:48
7
8
Warm Up/Leg Lifts - 0:35:58

Weight Training - 1:22:27

Vitamin D Mile - 1.20 mi 0:13:33
Stretching - 0:05:04
9
4 X 1 For 9 -
9.01 mi
1:40:56

Walking - 0.45 mi 0:10:01
10
Bike Ride -
30.05 mi
2:57:05

Monday, the 4th I was off. I headed out to tackle a long run for the week. Remember, I had ran 7 miles for the first time on Friday and I was wiped out by it! I wondered if it was a fluke that I was so tired, or if I had found my limit. By Monday, I was itching to find out. ㋡ 

Storm clouds were rolling over when I was running and it was humid, but it didn't actually rain until mile five. I was thinking about calling it a day at mile six, but the rain gave me new life. My feet actually felt pretty good. Slow and steady, I kept chipping away at the miles and when I hit eight and I was ecstatic!

Was I wiped out?! Well, honestly, I was tired and I did nap, but I felt much better than I did after seven miles. I feel like this was a little victory to start off July. 

Oh, and you know what is weird, I did my gym work out Friday and decided when I came home to go around the block to soak up some sun before my shower. Working on my vitamin D issue. My loop takes 13 minutes, and when I got done, my legs cramped up terrible, I mean t-i-g-h-t with weird shooting pains. I stretched for about five minutes and I felt fine. No pains ever came back...isn't it nuts how little things like that can happen?!



By the time Saturday rolled around, I didn't feel like I had done a "long run" on Monday, and I was very tempted to skip my interval run for the week. I decided I better stick with my plan, two runs and one interval escapade a week.  I chose 4 x 1 because it was smidgen less humid than usual. Woohoo  I felt pretty darn good! Close to the end, the toes let me know it was time to stop.
My feet were tender and needed recovery, but I am not making any decisions or judgments yet, I am still trying to figure out what, and how much will work :)

I started at 6:05 a.m. and I passed people cutting their grass pretty early in my run. Isn't that bad neighbor etiquette??! LOL



I really appreciate your input after my poundage post! It really does help to talk about it, hear your ideas, and share the journey. You all encourage me so much :) and I am very grateful!! I actually made it to the store and have some good salad and fruit ready for next week!
Mmmmmm, love watermelon


I am linking up with Holly and Tricia for the weekly wrap up. 
Join in and share something from your week!


Cheers! (with sparkly water) 

 Karen 

What's your favorite fruit? 
Me - cherries! (and yes I got some)

34 comments:

  1. I am just like this, I feel the need to do a little something every day. Sometimes I'm not so good at the little part! My hubs tells me I go overboard meh maybe I do. Another reason I really like the runstreak and only 1 mile to keep it alive! I think I'm just afraid I'll get to comfortable with doing nothing ya know.
    Wow 605 is pretty early to be hearing a lawn mower on a Saturday!
    For you question, mines a banana since I eat them more than any other fruit! Thanks so much for taking the time to link with us Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have that thought sometimes on a rest day...maybe i will just never exercise again lol I think I could do that, but nah!!
      ewww, I love bananas too, especially with a scoop of peanut butter. I just like food lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my, 6:05 am is early to be mowing grass! Apparently he wanted to be done before it got too hot. Although you would think the grass would still be a little damp. I hear ya on not wanting to be "greedy" with your miles. I always play it safe and having a hard time increasing! I always feel i'm not ready! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did seem a bit to early to me!
      I am thinking i will drop back a bit this week with my long run, it is hard to know when the timing is good.

      Delete
  3. I love how you name your runs. I should start. But, I'm afraid they would not be suitable to post. Ya know. Yay for VICTORIES, big or small! I've enjoyed the something (most) every day lately. Adding the swimming has helped me, I think. I do it at night after my supper settles. Have you tried Ranier cherries? So good -- like crossed with a peach. I hope you have another victory this week. Thanks for linking, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I have thought of some bad names for runs LOL I try to restrain myself.
      I may not have had Ranier...mine are usually really dark. Sounds good though!

      Delete
  4. I kind of think there's an unwritten rule that you don't call anyone or make loud outside noises before 9 AM or after 9 PM. You know, just being good neighbors; but with that being said, I guess they could have been leaving for vacation and wanted to get it done before they left OR before it got too hot.

    It's hard for me to pick one favorite fruit, but if I had to, I'd pick strawberries! This morning I made a fruit salad with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, grapes, and pineapple - no dressing, just fruit. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a perfect salad!
      That is my thought 9 is polite, even 8 wouldn't have been as bad, 6 and 7 seem crazy lol

      Delete
  5. My favorite fruit is watermelon. Or pineapple! Love them both!

    There's an ordinance here against mowing before 7 am. 6 would get you a citation and maybe more from your neighbors, just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting, I am not sure if we have an ordinance, but it seemed too early to me.
      Mmmm, had watermelon today :)

      Delete
  6. Hah! There was a battle on our neighborhood message board over people doing yard work too early. I think 8:00 am is what people expect. Glad you had a pretty good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco :)
      The neighborhood message board can get feisty around here too LOL

      Delete
  7. Yeah 6:05 is crazy early. A landscaper was using a leaf blower next door just before 8am the other day and I heard about it from my sleepy teenager. Fave fruit right now might be peaches. Gosh they've been good this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too early for a lot of noise.
      Our peaches have been yummy too. Good year I guess :)

      Delete
  8. Great job on 8.26!! I'm glad that 7 milers seems to be a fluke. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this week was an improvement for sure.

      Delete
  9. Yeah for small victories !
    My favorite fruit at the moment is nectarines... can't get enough !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I feel good I have been able to make some progress :)
      Mmm, nectarines are great.

      Delete
  10. Yay for an awesome 8 miler! I did my longer run on Monday too and also wanted to get in another long one... but held back. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like a long time by Saturday, when you do one on Monday LOL At least I did intervals, I was thinking all crazy for a few minutes...

      Delete
  11. My husband is one who wants to get out early & cut the grass & I have to remind him people sleep in even if he doesnt.
    Good job on the work you put in lady - it really is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca Jo :)
      Ricky must be a true morning person. I am sure it is nice before the sun is blazing lol

      Delete
  12. I have a lot of favorite fruits and cherries are definitely up there. Apples. Bananas. Any melon but watermelon, LOL!

    How I wish I could run as "slow" as you do. I suppose I should be thankful for mostly pain free, so there's that.

    No one would dare cut their lawn at 6 am here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No to watermelon, huh? I do love fruit more the vegetables, I wish I liked vegetables as much!
      I have never felt "fast" that doesn't come natural to me at all. It is really all about weather for me. Trying to find a pace that keeps my heart rate lower has really changed my running. Pace is all relative... we are still putting the same miles in :)
      Last summer by August I had continued to lose ground in the heat. The cumulative impact of all that humidity is like carrying extra weight. If that trend continues, I am going to have to get up even earlier so I have enough time to get my miles! I hope I am tough enough to do a 4:20 or 4:30 wake up call we'll see. I am sure as heck can't handle running after work.

      Delete
  13. Yay for 8+ miles! I'm glad your feet are doing well!

    Mowing the grass at 6:00 am? I agree with you, bad neighbor etiquette!

    My favorite fruit is Mango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, I have not had mango in quite a while.
      Too early for sure lol

      Delete
  14. I need to do something every day too! Fun how you name your runs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my runs have no personality lol and some days they deserve a name :)

      Delete
  15. Awesome that you felt great on that 8+ miler! I am usually really tired on longer runs in the heat and humidity. The heat just seems to zap energy! Also, I read your previous post on weight gain. I'd gone through a similar experience but just decided to be happy with where I am and not pay attention to the scale. It's a personal choice though. I think focusing on eating more fruits and veggies will defintely help though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am curious to see how I feel this winter, I am not sure with my feet the way they are, if running will feel a little easier when the temp cools. I sure hope it does LOL
      You look great Jennifer, you really do. I think if I can get back to my new goal weight, i will stay there and be happy with my extra rolls!

      Delete
  16. Eight miles!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!! Mowing at 6:05??? IS the grass even dry? Favorite fruit? Hmmm...I love nectarines, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries....and raspberries are probably my favorite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ran 8 miles with no intervals :) It felt great and I almost know I am getting very close to a limit LOL
      You eat all the fruits :) Smart lady!

      Delete
  17. 7-5 IS too long for a workday! The worst is when you're standing a lot, not necessarily walking around. Ugh, that hurts so badly. But it looks like you had a solid week regardless! And woohoo for that 8-miler!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my - I sit almost no stop! I wish I stood, but you are right, being stuck standing in place is about as bad as sitting.
      Thanks, I felt like I had a great week :) 8 miles was big for me!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤