Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Five!




I am linking up with Cynthia at You Signed Up for WhatMar at Mar on the Run and Courtney  for the Friday Five. 

1. This year ( KNOCKING) I am surviving much better in the heat. Nuun makes a huge difference for me, and while I love it, I still want to try new things. I ordered Mestrength yesterday and I can't wait to give it a try!

2. Fruit! I have been eating nectarines all week. SO juicy and perfect this time of year. All the hydration we can get, right!

3. Premier Protein has been my recovery drink after a hot run. It is chocolate, already mixed, and tastes great cold. I love protein shakes, but have yet to break out the blender this summer. Premier wins for the convenience factor.

Source:

4. Salad. I am trying to think about all the things I like mixed with spinach...feta, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds. I need to work on my extra poundage I have collected, so shopping and meal prep needs to happen next week! I think I can..I think I can...
Any suggestions about what I should throw in my salad?

5. Weight Watchers Smart Ones. Typically, I am not a fan of frozen food, but the thin crust pizza and spinach lasagna I had this week were super yummy. Convenience rules when it comes to long work days, and I appreciated the pre-packaged portion control :)

What has been going in your lunch bag? 

Have a great weekend! 
Karen 

14 comments:

  1. Chick peas! I love them and they are good cold or hot. A great way to get extra protein and fiber, but low in carbs. Buy them in the can (Bush or Progresso). I won some BeFit protein powder. I really like it! I'm glad you are faring better in the heat! I'm trying. Or Tri-ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, good one :) I need to get some chick peas.
      I love a freebie that turns out to be favorite!

      Thanks :) You are tri-ing awesome.

      Delete
  2. They were giving away samples of that protein drink at Sam's Club yesterday & I passed. Now I'm mad I did.
    I can't get past the packaging of it. It reminds me of Ensure or some other medical product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It does look like the ensure container lol but it tastes so good!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the earlier poster about chick peas in salad, so good! I also like fresh fruit in my salads, I think those nectarines would be a good addition, or some strawberries. I'm planning on a watermelon salad this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm, I love watermelon and I haven't had much at this year! I need to add that to the shopping bag :)

      Delete
  4. Premier Protein. I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff Darlene and since you love chocolate milk I think you will really like it! Great boost after a run :)

      Delete
  5. I feel like I could've written this list! I am surviving the heat better due to salt tabs, and I'm loving fruit and salad right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried salt tab yet! I need to give them a shot :)

      Delete
  6. I put so many things on my salads -- avocado, nuts, seeds, steak, chicken, hard boiled eggs! I kind of just use whatever we have on hand. Normally my lunches are left over dinners so in the summer that means lots of grilled meat and veggies. I almost always include baby carrots dipped in peanut butter. I am so obsessed w/ that combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peanut butter Susan :) I usually dip a banana it :) I'll have to try with carrots.
      I still have not gone shopping for next week, I need to get busy!

      Delete
  7. Tomatoes + feta are in my lunch bag... I can't seem to get enough. Recently I threw them into an omlette with mushrooms. OMG. So good !
    I have actually never tried a protein powder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy :) I love tomatoes.
      I have to use some type of protein supplement, my protein numbers are not high enough if I don't. Vega is a yummy one!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤