Monday, July 4, 2016

Kings Dominion

Last week I took a vacation day so we could visit Kings Dominion amusement park.

I woke up and ran 3.5 miles in my usual gray morning haze 

By the time we got to the park, the haze burned off and it was a pretty day.
 The Eiffel Tower replica will offer some great views on a clear day


 
315 ft. up 

The highlight of my the day was this 

Xtreme Flyer


That is not us, because we had no one to video for us, but we had just took our dive, and I wanted to have something to share. 

Getting tugged upward is a little scary! You are looking down at everything getting smaller and smaller, but the coolest thing is you get to do it together. Arm and arm :)  

Kenny pulled the cord and we started falling...it was like nothing I have ever experienced. Awesome :) I turned on my Garmin to try to capture it, the heart rate spike cracks me up. 
This is the harness you wear to fly 
Hands down, one of the best thrills ever! 

 THIS ride :) was so fast - The Intimidator is well named

Dropping! I love it all

We are so nerdy, we wait for the front row! We got lucky, the park wasn't crowded so the waits were nothing :) In our experience the front seat view of your drop, makes it all the more awesome. 


 Snoopy...who doesn't love Snoopy! 

 










Freaky Fast ;) 

Back in the day, Andrew and I use to visit this park all the time and hang out on the water rides and spend time in the kids area. It has been about 12 years since I visited the park and boy has it changed!
No more Smurfs and Yogi Bear, but fun stuff has replaced it, and there is a ton to do for younger children.

Bush Gardens is still my favorite park, but this place is totally worth a visit if you are in the Richmond area.  
The Intimidator is a great thrill coaster if you like that kind of thing. You can feel some serious G's :) 



Have you ever visited Kings Dominion?
Do you have a favorite coaster?!


Ours is still the the Griffon (so far) - but we like to experience speed, drops, flips, and turns of all kinds! 


10 comments:

  1. Wow you two are thrill seekers! I would have loved that kind of stuff in my teenage years, but not anymore. I am too cautious as I don't want to leave the cats as orphans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like to scare ourselves lol but, we really just like to laugh :)

      Delete
  2. This looks a lot like Dorney Park in PA, with the Snoopy stuff and the coasters. And that drop sounds terrifying! So I say kudos to you for getting up there and doing the jump! It looks like you had a really fun time there!

    I like amusement parks, but I don't like rollercoasters, they make me very dizzy. But I will go to any amusement park just for the possibility of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to any parks in PA in over 20 years. I hope I get to visit some in PA one of these years.
      Ha! We had something called. Dole Whip - it was so good! I am like you, I would go back now just to get a treat lol

      Delete
  3. Getting tugged up is definitely the scariest part! I remember I slid a little bit in my harness and I thought OMG I'M GOING TO FALL OUT OF THIS THING! That was the most terrifying little moment in my life, hah! I think I was 13 when I did it. I really don't think I could do it again. I remember the swinging part being a lot of fun, but these days I would be too scared to get in the harness! You are brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! You were young. I would have freaked out back then!
      I did think about the little loops after I came down lol
      You could do it hanging on to Adam :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, I love that you two did ALL that together, especially the drop! Total LOL at your heart rate spike, ha!!! That is fantastic the lines were not too bad. I live really close to Six Flags and would like to go someday but I don't want to spend the day standing in line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BEST-EST part was being together :) I love that I could hang onto Kenny LOL His ear may not have loved it...
      We always try to pick a week day when no special events are planned, and just hope! Six Flags would be fun ;)

      Delete
  5. When I was in high school, my band took a trip to Washington DC, and we stopped at Kings Dominion....and we were the featured "band of the day" at a parade LOL That was several years ago, so a lot of the rides/attractions have probably changed, but I do remember a roller coaster that had a post (?) along the place where you waited in line...and there were a million pieces of gum stuck to it. That's probably gone, too. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh That is funnny!!! I have no idea what ride that was lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤