Thursday, August 4, 2016

Milestones

This is my 300th post!
I am going to post 300 random things about me you may not know.

JUST kidding...
How about 15 random things!

1. Here is a link to my First 15K Ever
Guess what!? I was having foot pain way back then and I had never run 15K before this race. It seems strange.

2. I am obsessed with Little People Big World. I just am.

3. I always say I am an only child because I grew up alone, but I actually have a half sister, who is an awesome person.

4. One of my earliest memories is stealing a puppy out of a yard and taking it home. My parents freaked out! I had to take it back, but I have always been an animal lover. I cried for hours because I couldn't keep the puppy. I was four years old.

5. Four was a big year for me. I was riding my big wheel with a friend and he got hit by a car....I will never forget it. I can still see the hit, see him getting in the ambulance, see people crying, see him after he came home from the hospital...it was awful.

6. Also when I was four, I was knocked out by a swinging horse on the play ground. I remember it coming at me - then darkness. I am convinced that is why I have never been able to do math. I remember laying in my room, getting sick, and the room spinning for days! I had a really bad concussion.

7. I use to play Nancy Drew in the alley when I was a kid. I would "act out" the story I read, and weave the neighbors into my action.

8. I was in love with Shaun Cassidy! Full blown love...I could not believe it when he married someone else. I even saw him in concert. He was dressed in red satin from head to toe. Wicked awesome.



9. After Shaun married, I fell in love with Scott Baio and collected Tiger Beat's.

10. Seeing Psycho as a kid freaked me out! I would talk to myself and open the shower curtain every five seconds for years when I took a shower.

11. I remember sitting in my driveway crying the day Elvis Presley died.  As a kid, his voice was so soothing to me, I listened to his records for hours on end.

12. I had a bone spur on my big toe that grew into a lumpy rock shape when I was a kid, and had surgery. Painful as crap.

13. I moved to VA in 1989 with Kenny, and worked at a brand new mall in the area.

14. The first time Kenny and I left Andrew, we went to NY and saw The King and I - amazing play!! (Lou Diamond Phillips was the King)

15. I was born in 1966.  August 10, 2016 I will officially be 50 years old.

Relate to any of my experiences. 
Tell me one of your own! or 15 :) I like to hear from you ❤  

32 comments:

  1. That story about 4 year old you and the puppy is adorable! 4 was the year my brother was born. I remember my parents bringing him home and not being impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I can totally see at four, thinking who is this stealing my thunder!?
      I am still not sure why I thought it was okay to steal a puppy...crazy lol

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! No wonder you are feeling so reminiscent today :-)

    I actually have a step brother from my dad's recent remarriage, and since I've only met him a few times I always forget that fact, I'm not sure why! It's so weird to acquire a sibling as an adult.

    I can't believe you stole a puppy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird isn't it!! I feel guilty when I say I am an only child lol

      Delete
    2. oh and thank you - birthday's aren't so great anymore LOL

      Delete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA... I can remember being in 3rd grade & everyone had a Shaun Cassidy JACKET & I wanted one so bad but we couldnt afford it. I was heartbroken!
    Did you see Scott Baio at the Republican Convention - he still looks great.

    I have an older brother but he is 7 years older than me - we're like from 2 different worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHH those beautiful satin jackets with Shaun's face LOL I had t-shirts but no jacket. I am so sad you didn't get one!!
      I did see SB - he doesn't look bad, but I no longer love him. I dumped him LOL
      Sometimes a big gap in age is weird huh?

      Delete
  4. The puppy story is totally a kid thing to do. How do you justify with a 4yo lol. Happy birthday and many more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! I saw and took him LOL teachable moment right.
      Thanks Richard :)

      Delete
  5. This is so cool!!

    Aww, a puppy! it must have been awful to give it back, puppies are the cutest!

    I'm sorry to hear about your concussion, that sounds really scary!

    Shaun Cassidy and Scott Baio! how cool! I love to hear about people's celebrity cruses!

    I would have cried about Elvis too. I recently told my son that Selena had been killed.... many years ago. He couldn't take it! he cried... even thought it was 20 years ago and he is only 7. He just asked "how could somebody killed somebody who was so beautiful and sings so pretty!"

    Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana!
      These were my pre-teen crushes LOL I should added that ;)
      I remember when Selena was killed, so sad, and yes she did sing very pretty!

      Delete
  6. What is up with Jacob on LPBW? It's like they've forgotten their youngest son. It was Donny Osmond for me. Sigh... Have you checked out the Bates Motel series on A&E? It's awesome. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacob became disgruntled over money and moved out as soon as he turned 18. He wouldn't film for a long time. They say he will be back to film some soon.
      I liked Donny too. I used to watch Donny and Marie all the time :) and I loved sonny and Cher!
      I have never watched Bates motel, maybe i need to check it out.
      Thanks Holly :)

      Delete
  7. You can always make me laugh. Were we supposed to laugh at the story of you getting hit by a swinging horse and no longer being able to do math?????? :) I used to read those Teeny Bopper magazines too! Let's see, when I read them, I had a crush on Elijah Wood, Devon Sawa, and Macaulay Culkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I got knocked out good by that horse!! It is a good excuse for my math deficit. LOL
      I loved the Teeny Bopper mags - it was the only info you could get! I have no idea who Devon Sawa is - see how old I am?! Elijah is a cutey:)

      Delete
  8. We saw the King & I in DC (before we were married -- not sure we were even engaged yet. With Yul Brynner. I also saw My Fair Lady on Broadway when I was in college with Rex Harrison. So much easier to get tickets to those things in those days . . .

    Oddly enough, even though I'm the big animal lover in the family, my brother was the one always coming home with stray kittens. And he's very allergic.

    And who wasn't in love with Shaun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Yul Brynner would have been awesome!!! It has changed a lot since the 90's.
      I watched all the Hardy Boys as an adult on Netflix and cracked up over how corny it was!! I loved it so much LOL

      Delete
  9. Love everything about this. You are such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welll thanks Susan :) I feel very boring 99% of the time.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness happy almost 50th!!! I hope you are going to celebrate in a super fun way!! You and I have lots in common, although I already turned the big 5-0 in 2014. I was also into Nancy Drew series AND The Hardy Boys starring the LOVE of my/our life...Shaun Cassidy! Funny because most of my friends were more into David Cassidy. They didn't get it. So cute. So talented. Thanks for bringing back those memories <3 Boy, you had a few pretty tough and scary situations as a 4 year old. Crazy that you can remember but sounds pretty hard to forget. I did also like Scott Baio but he's no David Sole!! lol Thanks for this fun post! Congrats on your 300th post and THANKS for not posting 300 facts..they were fun but we wouldn't want THAT much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look great Diane :) Running is keeping you young my friend.
      Shaun was it!! I liked to watch the Partridge Family so much, but i fell over the top for David LOL
      I am cracking up because I can hear Don't Give Up On Us Baby..as soon as I read that name LOL
      Thanks! 300 would have been awful;)

      Delete
  12. I was always afraid that someone would steal my dog from my yard, now I know why...lol. Just kidding!

    I bet that was very scary seeing your friend get hit by a car. I'm glad it had a happy ending and he actually did come home from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt bad! years later...I didn't get at the time. Crazy LOL
      He did come home and had a lot stitches but as far as I know he made it okay.

      Delete
  13. I love this post! Wow 300 is something! I remember bringing a kitten home and begging my parents to let me keep HIM, well HIM turned out to be a HER and we went through lots of litters! I remember picking out a Donald Duck at Disney they said I was 3 so thats a pretty vivid memory so young.
    Karen I can't believe your 50! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia :) I can't believe I have yacked through 300 posts LOL
      That is a young memory!! I am not sure if I have anything before 4.
      Girl, I promise I look older in person, pictures seem to hide my spots and wrinkles lol

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on hitting the big 3-0-0!!! This is a huge milestone for you!!! And I absolutely loved reading all these random facts, it's always so much fun to learn more about my fellow bloggers. BTW - Psycho freaks me out, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emm :) I appreciate it, I always enjoy your posts!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on hitting the big 3-0-0!!! This is a huge milestone for you!!! And I absolutely loved reading all these random facts, it's always so much fun to learn more about my fellow bloggers. BTW - Psycho freaks me out, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤