Friday, October 14, 2016

Fired Up Friday


Here's what got me fired up this past week!

And if follow me on Instagram you may have already seen these pics - but there is more to the story!

Serious hydration fail…

Monday I was busy at work and never refilled my water bottle. I went out Monday night with run buddy and had a good dinner, but they had little tiny cups (6 oz. maybe) and we were talking so much I think I only refilled it once. My Tuesday morning run was supposed to be speed work. I drank all my Nuun by mile three and was sooooooo thirsty, I called it at 6 miles. I hit reset and ran three easy miles to finish.


This really didn't bug me much at all; it was so beautiful out, I was happy to be running. 

Gloves, I had to wear gloves in October! A little precursor to winter!
This run lit a fire under me to refill my water bottle all week.


Long sleeves twice in one week! Crazy LOL I was loving it.


Cool crisp air and bright bright stars! Orion looks stunning in the morning.  I freaking love seeing the stars.  I also love the path of light my knuckle lights give me. I saw a bug crawling across the pavement....a tiny little bug. These things rock. 


Thursday, I ran some of the fastest miles I've run in the last five months. I have been running 67 - 69 minute 10K's  all summer...
 The 9:30ish miles left me panting and aggravated my foot, I  can't do a strong push off anymore,
but at least I have a ray of hope that some of my pace ability may return now that temps are normal.  Honestly a 10:30 pace fires me up right now :) 

One year ago this week, I was on my way to Montana to see my Mom. It makes my heart ache I am not going this year. I hope I get to see my Mom by this spring or summer. I was fired up last year when I discovered they extended the path around town. I always wish I had a place like it here to do my runs. 




I love running in Montana :) 
 Some of my best running views the whole year! 
My Mom and her Cupcake :) 


My training plan. 
I keep a log and it it so exciting to see how close I am to completing this now! 
I've had to miss a few runs along the way, and I may need to skip a few more because my feet are getting into questionable territory right now, but I really feel at peace about it. I am so close I can taste it! 



I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! 
Karen 
Ever had a total hydration fail? 
Do you love star gazing? 
Anything get you fired up this week?

26 comments:

  1. I love someone who keeps tracking & records of runs/workouts. That's up my ally.
    Ahh - hope you see momma soon!
    Those knuckle lights are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kept track of every little detail of this training LOL OCD a little???
      The knuckle lights make it so easy to seeee!!

      Delete
  2. So close .... so close! I know you can do this, Karen! Keep up the great work. You inspire me. Your MT views remind me of my CO views. I do love fall so much (just not what is coming up behind it). I am glad you are so happy with the cooler temps! I know what a struggle summer is for you just as winter in CO is my struggle. I think we just need a plan to live in CO for 9 months and then someplace warm the other three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was in CO when I was much younger and I do remember the states had a very similar feel to me. I remember visiting the outdoor musical arena and seeing all the snow on the peaks, even though it was warm. I do hope I get back there one day and get to hike or run a race there. Five months of struggle is enough lol I am always nervous the heat will come back. We have had some very warm Nov and Dec here. I sure wish I could afford to live where i could escape the summer here and maybe spend winter here - that is a nice thought! I can dream lol
      Hopefully your winter won't be too brutal.

      Delete
  3. My hydration fail is when I forget to bring my water bottle to work and then I just don't drink water all day because the water fountain in my room is gross. I can tell two hours in that I need more water because I get a headache! I see orion in the morning too!!! I always look at him! I will think of you from now on when I'm made about long sleeves and gloves because I know you are happy. :) Man Montana is gorgeous!!!! I want to make it to all 50 states.... I guess that means we have to stop going to Colorado every summer and change it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I am with you, I won't touch a water fountain!! I do have a kitchen near me though and I can get tap water I just get lazy.
      Orion is awesome right now :) There is an app called Sky View - you point it up and it shows you what planet or star it is. SO cool!
      Montana is pretty awesome, but CO is so pretty...I would want to go back too.
      I can't believe I even needed long sleeves yet lol it stayed pretty hot last year.

      Delete
  4. Hope your feet hang in there ! My right knee is finicky on & off, I just don't push it. I don't care much about my times anymore, I just want to run !

    I have never been to Montana, looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pushing out speedy runs is beyond me now, but I am happy to be moving and feel good! It is so pleasant now - it is wonderful.

      Delete
  5. You will do it. You are so dedicated to your runs. I admire you and am in awe of anyone who can run 26.2 miles and even more in awe of someone who can train for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you Darlene :) Trust me, a lot of this hasn't been pretty lol but I am working my way through it. Next week is the big one - the "20" still not sure if I will get that done or if I will cut it a bit short.

      Delete
  6. The cooler weather really has been a treat! The knuckle lights sound like a great option. I might have to give them a try. I've been sad to see the fewer hours of light. I'm sorry your foot is feeling aggravated but fingers crossed its better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can my feet quiet again next week :)
      The cooler weather is life changing for me! For real lol

      Delete
  7. I wore gloves yesterday for the first time this season! Hurray for the cooler temperatures, finally! I have the utmost in confidence that you'll be able to push through and complete your marathon. You've already done almost all of the hard work, now it's just time to go in for the final reward for all your strong efforts! I love the reflectivity in all of your pictures. You look like a star (literally)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always such a big moment the first time the gloves come out LOL Than you Emily. I was afraid to admit I was training for the longest time lol but the encouragement is good and I appreciate it. It helps me!

      Delete
  8. I hope you get to see your mom soon!!

    Finally long sleeves!!

    Hang on Karen, you are almost there !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my Mom.
      I am just rolling with it :) Hope you have a wonderful race!!

      Delete
  9. I DO love stargazing, especially during a run. There are rarely visible stars where I run, now that I think of it! It's been awhile since I've run under a beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a big sky clear night soon! I do love my early mornings for that :) If i can get up to the mountains I can see the Milky Way - it is quite the sight.

      Delete
  10. You've got this! Your training is going really well! Please share why you have a giant light coming out of your abdomen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, because I am to lazy to carry two lights - that'd be crazy lol I carry one and put one on my belt :)

      Delete
  11. Aw, your mom is so cute! I wore gloves to walk my dog this week. Brr! But it's getting warm again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have definitely underestimated the amount of fluid I would need on a run before. It really sucks but sometimes Matthew just happens to be driving by and I usually hijack whatever he has in the car LOL. Montana is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to have hubby pass you :)
      Montana is really beautiful!

      Delete
  13. I'm so excited for you Karen! It's ON!

    I love the way you keep one of your knuckle lights on your waist pack. That seems so much more ideal than wearing a headlamp. I wonder why no company has put out a product like this (or maybe they have haha)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am feeling more excited but still nervous lol
      I totally love the strap can get small and I don't have to hold both - works really well!

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤