Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Five!

After I wrote my race recap I realized all these little details I never even mentioned...do you ever do that?

SO...I did something I haven't done for a long time, I wrote out some random posts!
One of them is this Friday Five!

I am linking up with the awesome Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup! 


The day before I left for Montana, Kenny and I had our big drop day! I look forward to a day of tossing, flipping, and dropping at least once a year! Weeeeeeeeee! We rode the Griffon 3 x's!




True story from Cut Bank, Montana! I stayed in a small hotel the night before the race. It was a gorgeous evening and I wanted to go for a walk and explore the town and make myself tired so I could sleep.

When I got back to the hotel it was locked. The owner had to come to the door to let me in...in. his. slippers. LOL I took a nice hot shower and got ready to settle in for the night.  I noticed an amazing orange glow between the curtains. I was awed. I was dying to go back outside and watch till it disappeared, but it was already 10:00 p.m. (sunset is late), I had to get up at 3:30 a.m., and I hated to make slipper man get up for me again 😀😀😀 I watched this through my window...I still have regrets I didn't go back outside and watch in the cool breezes. I hope slipper man appreciates it. 



These blooms were everywhere in Montana and I loved them! I know nothing about flowers...could have been weeds for all I know! 



Blankets of green make me haaaaappppppy! 



And finally, in case you missed my Instagram post...
I came back from my run yesterday and my cats were swarming me like they didn't eat. I walked to the bowl to show them it was full and thought, "That looks weird!" 
I had purchased dog food :/ 
How did I not notice the dog on the bag next to Rachel Ray?! 


Senior moments anyone?!
Roller coasters?!
Would you have made slipper man get up again?

Have a happy FRiYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Karen 


23 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm having senior moments all over the place!

    How crazy that the hotel locked you in? I've never heard of that! Must be a small town thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, my senior moments keep coming lol
      Today, I left the gym and never turned off my Garmin.
      I was not expecting the main door to be locked, makes me wonder what goes in the town at night?! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wonder if the cats tried the food and didn't like it or if they could just tell it was dog food? I've definitely had those moments lately as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I could tell no ate the dog food, and it so much larger than the cat food I am sure it confused them lol
      My mind is toast!!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow, they really roll up the sidewalks early in MT, eh? Too bad you couldn't get out to see that sunset!

    Since I have both dogs & cats we are pretty well stocked with both dog & catfood all the time. When Chester was so sick, I lived in terror of giving Lola his food with all his meds . . . and Lola & Bandit eat different foods, and yes, I've given her his food before -- she's not at all finicky. Seriously, she'll eat just about anything unless it's hard to chew.

    Bandit is a different story. The vet thinks he needs a dental. Maybe that will help! But not our pocketbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have not seen a place locked like that, it surprised me!! He needs a swipe on the door.
      Our dog had a dental and got really sick...of course they can get sick from getting one too, always hard to decided what to do! But it is expensive.

      Delete
  4. I am not a roller coaster kinda gal. The Hubs talked me into ONE & I broke a tooth from gritting so hard. so yeahhhh - no more roller coasters in my future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhhhh! anything that causes teeth issues is off your list for sure LOL

      Delete
  5. What beautiful pictures Karen! I will get to your Half recap today, but congratulations!! You are awesome!

    oh no! The poor kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana :) I try to get that perfect little shot, which rarely happens lol but I do like some my nature pics a bunch! I need a real camera but the phone is convenient.

      Delete
  6. Oh, you literally just made me LOL with that dog food comment. Poor kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow did not realize the sun set so late out there. Such gorgeous pics I might have gone back out too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is listed about 9:40 this time of year but the light lingers a lot longer!

      Delete
  8. The dog food is just too funny! But I have to point out... that right there is the difference between cats and dogs. My dog would've gobbled up the cat food in a New York minute while the cat is all like ...."what the hell is this crap?!?" lol

    By the way, I wouldn't have made slipper man get up again either ...I guess it's that whole Southern manners and consideration thing we've got bred in us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!!!! omg, you are so right about the attitude difference between cats and dogs - nailed it LOL
      That is true too, I guess I was too polite to make him answer the door again lol Still sad I missed the sunset

      Delete
  9. Hahaha dog food. You silly girl. :)

    I love that you and Kenny live it up and go to amusement parks together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is too funny! Dog food for the cats LOL I LOVE roller coasters...even that first hill that takes my breath (and stomach) away. Actually, I like most rides at amusement parks, though the spin-around ones make me really dizzy in my "old" age (but if I just look straight ahead, and don't try turning my head, I'm fine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My senior moments are increasing lol
      I live for the stomach drop feeling!!! I know whatcha mean about spinning though!

      Delete
  11. Hahahahahah dog food! So funny! I have a similar but more horrifying story. Cecil likes to have his breakfast at around 4:30am - he meows at the top of his lungs to wake me up. I try not to turn on any lights when I go down to the kitchen to feed him so that I can fall back asleep since I don't have to get up until 5am.

    The other morning after I put his food down I went back to bed, but a few seconds later he was back up meowing like I had not fed him. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I went back downstairs to make sure I did feed him and that it wasn't all a dream - when I looked down I saw a cockroach near his food bowl!!!!

    He wasn't eating because of the cockroach, which believe me I totally understood because I wouldn't have either. I have no idea how a cockroach got into my house. I swear we have a clean house!

    Anyway, because I don't like killing anything, at 4:30 in the morning I had to get out the broom and pan, sweep the cockroach into the pan, turn the alarm off the house and deposit it outside. Turned the alarm back on and went back to sleep for like 5 mins! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Well it is Florida and a hot environment...I guess you have to expect some bugs, but I think I would have killed it! I have my limits-all spider and bug related squatters gotta go lol You are way nice!
      and that is way to early for all that commotion lol

      Delete
  12. At least you got to see the sunset out the window! I definitely wouldn't have made slipper man get up again to let me back in. So weird (and funny).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ❤