I decided to go because seriously, how many opportunities will there be to have a group to run 12 miles with. I figured if I felt really awful I would walk back to the van. Mile three I did feel a little tired, but by the time we got to Bryan Park I felt revived. It was a pretty routine run and we stayed together until the last water stop. It was set up at mile 10 and it was crowded. Before I had a cup I saw my group leaving. Uh oh, I downed my water and took off thinking I could catch up. We are running downtown though and I got caught at a light. I didn't have the route and I couldn't see them, but I did find a man who pointed me in the right direction. I tried to run a 9:25 pace or so to catch up, usually I can sustain that, but today my body wasn't ready for that kind of pace so I had to back it down. I didn't catch them until the last mile and I was glad I did because I was tired and it helped me to get to the end.
I haven't decided if I am going to do training team next year, but it does make me wish I could find a running club to tackle longer runs with.
Group things I love:
- Having someone to pace with
- Listening to others chit chat (passes the time)
- Water stops (with gummie bears & chomps)
- Accountability - seems to be the motivation I need to keep going
- The route is planned
- Planning - eat right, drink enough, sleep because you know you are going
Group things I don't need:
- I seem to have a little claustrophobic bout if I stay boxed in too long. I need to spread out by a mile or so or I just freak out a bit.
- Wake up and drive so I can run 6 miles-naaaahhh. I can do that alone, but I really need it for 9 miles and above.
|downtown - I had no idea where I was|
I am thrilled to have a 12 mile run done again. I keep thinking maybe I will figure out a way to break through that barrier (I hit at 10) alone eventually.
Since I lack pictures to share today - here's one of Junior in his hiding spot.
|I honestly believe he doesn't realize we can see him lol|