A few months ago my heart rate monitor died, I think I sweated it to death...literally. Ewwwww (•~•)
I enjoyed wearing the Mio Link heart rate monitor on my wrist and not having a strap around me, I was sad when it died!! I put my strap back on for a few workouts and thought, nah!! I ordered the Garmin 225 which has Mio HRM technology built in. I love Garmin Connect, so I wanted to stick with it.
I have really enjoyed some of the features the 225 offers, my 110 didn't have.
Note: You may have seen folks sporting customized home screens on their Garmin. The Forerunner 225 does not posses that option.
- Syncs with my phone blue-tooth - I don't have to use a charger to upload my data.
- Cadence data - very cool to see
- I like the options are handy in case I ever need to switch over to intervals during a run.
- Training zone data - a big eye opener! Started me on my mission to get out of the red zone, which helped me survive this summer...and one of the coolest things...
- Workouts can be programmed into the watch - I really love this feature.
A few things I have programmed into my watch are listed below.
|a sample of 3 x 1|
I think 1/4 end of mile pick ups may be my favorite. It gives me a chance to ease back into a little speed work without killing myself. I programmed in a one mile warm up. Mile two starts the picks ups at the end of each mile. I like being able to see what my effort was in each segment.
This is a great way to do speedwork on the street. I will never be super consistent since some picks ups happen on the uphill, and some on the downhill, but that is part of the fun.
The great thing with any customized work out, the screen of my Garmin lights up and tells me whether I am in run or recovery mode and gives me a countdown before each segment with a few beeps. No thinking, just follow the beeps!
I am so technology spoiled, I really can't imagine running without it!
Tell me what you tracking device you run with!
What is your favorite feature your device offers?
Have you created your own workouts?