Monday, July 24, 2017

Senior Moments

Popping in to say hi! I am linking up with my awesome running gal pals Holly  and Tricia
 
The guest host this week is the lovely and inspirational Darlene @ My First 5k and More


My senior moments are increasing exponentially lately. I am getting worried about my mind!

Tuesday after work I started feeling awful when I got to my car. I was pouring sweat, and felt funky...I then realized I still had my work sweater on and it was 100 degrees. Womp, womp...crazy office is so cold some days...


 I wore my shorts inside out on a whole run and did not even notice until I got in the car!

We were too delirious from the heat to notice I guess. 

Then when I got home I was going to post a photo and all I saw were these strange images on my phone. 

Apparently after we stopped on the bridge and I took this pic of the James River 

 I did not close my phone when I put in my pack.  It kept snapping the whole walk. 
434 pics to delete! 
Arghh....
and finally... I feed my older toothless cat in the downstairs bathroom so he can take his time and eat in peace...and I forgot to open the door when I left to run. I came back and heard a distant meow...oh, I felt so bad! 

Last week the morning temps stayed close to 80 overnight, which is more cruel than usual. Truthfully, I don't even like the typical 72 or 75 humid mornings, but maybe the typical will feel "cooler" to me now. I am trying my best to do my thang and not let the heat get me down!! Summer has been making quite a gallant effort to break me though.

That is a.m. 


I am thankful I am not training.


I am enjoying trying to meet my very simple goal of three runs at least 40 minute each, and a one 10K each week. I am having fun trying new exercises in Clarinda's turns 40 fitness challenge! I will say it again, I am soooooooo thankful I am not training.

My one gym day 
A few scenes from last week 💜
                                                   









I finally broke out my hydration pack for the first time for our 10K run. I've been carrying a 24 oz. hydration bottle because I am soooooooo lazy, I don't want to clean the bladder and rinse my pack...truth. A bottle is so much faster!
Even though it was really hot (like mid 80's), this was the best I have felt on our "longer run" in awhile. I run about 2 minutes slower than my "normal" pace, which really doesn't feel that much easier LOL but I knew I could keep going when we stopped.
Hydration matters LOL who knew??! Seriously, 24 oz. was just not enough. 
I am on the hunt for a new clip hose, or screw on hose bladder, which should be a bit quicker to clean and fill. 
It was fun to run in Kasey's new neighborhood this week!
The trees on the other side of the bridge made a huge difference.







My one bike ride last week- hoping to do better this week! 
I was looking forward to my walk after this run!
I sweated buckets every outing!

Hopping into this week, I hope to do it all over again, expect the senior moments!
Thanks for stopping by! 
Karen 

24 comments:

  1. I'm up to 8 miles & haven't broken out the backpack yet -- because my skirtsports top fits two 5 ounce bottles so that's been enough for me right now.

    I've taken photos of the inside of my pocket before -- that's all I got from my NOLA half! -- but not that many, thank goodness!

    And yesterday I almost put my yogurt dip into the pantry . . .

    Oh, and I've closed the window to the kennel with Gizmo still out in it before . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have found things in my refrigerator that make me shake my head! LOL I guess we all do it! I have some pocket photos too lol
      The pack is pain to break out but eventually it is a necessary evil lol

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm sorry I was laughing at your senior moments. I think we all get those from time to time.

    How fun to run in a new neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just shake my head but the moments keep coming lol
      A new neighborhood is very energizing!! The shade was awesome.

      Delete
  3. One morning getting to work I started freaking out because I couldn't see -- and then I realized that I still had my sunglasses on after I pulled into the garage. Not going blind or having a stroke, just incredibly absent-minded! I have a Nathan hydration pack that's really easy to clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I am!! SO absent minded - I totally relate to the sunglasses LOL

      I have a Nathan pack too, but it is an older hose, so it takes some wrangling. I want a quick release hose!

      Delete
  4. Ha! Senior moments? I feel you! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally laughed out loud at the shorts inside out thing. Hopefully they weren't the kind with a built-in liner. 😂😉

    I'm so glad that you're having fun with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a blast with the challenge :)
      Okay, the shorts did have a liner lol but somehow they were "inside" - the tags and all the seam lines were out though!

      Delete
  6. I hear you on the senior moments. I do my makeup and hair before I change out of my pajamas and into my work clothes. The other day I almost walked out the door still in my PJs! Can you imagine if I showed up to work like that? lol that would have been a scene!

    This summer feels like it's been particularly hot and humid. Then again I think I say that every year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I have gone to the door like that, it makes you feel a little crazy when you realize what you are doing LOL
      The past two years have been worse here for sure!! When I look back I could get runs under 70 degrees sometimes, but the past two year that really hasn't happened since Spring.

      Delete
  7. Dang girl, 3 40 minute runs and a 10k is super impressive!! I've totally wimped out this summer and I really don't even feel bad for it. Although, once I start training for something again, I'm sure I'll be kicking myself in the rear for not running enough this summer. Oh well, I'm moving so I guess that's something. :)

    Your senior moments are cracking me up....only because I have them myself daily and you know what they say "misery loves company' lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been biking enough, the running will all come back :)

      Sometimes I feel like I am in fog half the day LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh no! So sorry about the shorts and the kitty and the insane heat! My office used to be the same way until my cohort retired. Then I had maintenance close all the vents above my desk! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good though, air blowing on you when sitting is too much! We need when we are running lol
      Hoping I have less senior moments this week lol

      Delete
  9. Mad props to you for running at all in those conditions. I doubt I would if I wasn't training. Your "camera gone wild" pics are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One summer I did retreat to the treadmill but I really miss being out on quiet mornings, so I am trying to suck it up and do it but i have to whine lol

      Delete
  10. Your "senior moments" had me in stitches! Ha! Taking more than 400 mystery pics--ugh! I also need to break out my hydration pack and quit pretending a water bottle is enough. Like you, I feel so much better when I have enough to drink. Your schedule still looks pretty full even though you're not training. Nice job keeping up with all the activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :)
      I am not doing myself any favors by not hydrating enough, I think i am going to order a new bladder today and hopefully being able to get it all together and apart a little quicker will motivate me.

      Delete
  11. Karen, I have NEVER cleaned my hydration pack bladder!!!! And Kristina made me realize I've never cleaned my makeup brushes.

    As poor kitty locked away. We have done that to Jelly before. The worst is we don't realize until will yell TREATS and he doesn't come running. So he meows because he's afraid he'll miss out on treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not good about cleaning off my makeup brushes either!!
      I clean my pack because i can see the mold lol you can throw it in a freezer and keep it cold instead of cleaning it, but I don't have room. Don't look to close at your pack LOL it might scare you.

      Delete
  12. Senior moments! you are funny! I hope you have cooler temperatures! We are having a rare cool july day today here.

    My goodness! that is so many pictures!

    I hate cleaning my water pouch too! and like you, I dont' use it so I don't have to clean it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cooler, about 68 and I didn't run today!! I was tired from yesterday lol figures right.
      Cleaning a pouch is a pain lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you ❤